Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Getting Tough.

Spiritof62

Are we seeing PH showing a tougher streak now Tank And Roberts have been shown the door?

He has never struck me as being a really strict disciplinarian or a guy that rants and raves at his players.

Looks like he has woken up to the fact that some guys need the stick as well as the carrot.

I am old enough to remember that Jim McLean had a fair number of set backs at the dump before he had any success, Hartley will still come good given time, effort and our support.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we seeing PH showing a tougher streak now Tank And Roberts have been shown the door?

He has never struck me as being a really strict disciplinarian or a guy that rants and raves at his players.

Looks like he has woken up to the fact that some guys need the stick as well as the carrot.

I am old enough to remember that Jim McLean had a fair number of set backs at the dump before he had any success, Hartley will still come good given time, effort and our support.

jeez, hope his man management skills are nothing like his

Probably wasting my time but here goes. Sitting in the Main stand you see PH bawling and shouting quite regularly at the players. This has been highlighted on BBC Alba.

Can't say I see Hartley as a soft touch. He does get involved from the touchline (something some folk see as a prerequisite of being a manager) and if you look at his face after a defeat, he hardly looks like he's about to go slap backs and shake hands in the dressing room. 

I'd doubt he's frightened of handing a few their heads to play with, when needed. 

Saying it in the media is another matter and plenty managers have come unstuck trying that.

The impression I get of PH is, that he is NOT the kind of manager, to scream and shout at his players.

Believe he has his own personal standards/code of conduct, and would expect no less from his players.

Maybe though, with each passing day, offering new experiences (disasters maybe) he's just got tougher.

Adblock Detected