Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Missing Fans In August

Derry Family

Last year we played killie and Patrick in August and had crowds of 7600 and 6500.

Even on cold December pre Xmas we had 5500 v today's opponent

Todays crowd is a worry so early in season with 3 wins in 18 and 6 wins from 23 home SPL games

Change of playing style required to get punters in in Autumn and Winter

• Like 1

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Last year we played killie and Patrick in August and had crowds of 7600 and 6500.

Todays crowd is a worry so early in season with 3 wins in 18 and 6 wins from 23 home SPL games

You get today's best and most accurate post, your stat's are the real reason, why supporters are staying

away. Watching Boring football, with only 6 wins from 23 home SPL games, says it all. We are watching

UNFOOTBALL, week in week out, it's a total BOREFEST.

The reason I say this is, my brother and a couple of my mates have been up this season and they all said,

they would NOT be wasting, their hard earned money watching, what we are getting served up again,

this season, if it was exciting football, then they would be back, backs up your great and honest points

really.

You get today's best and most accurate post, your stat's are the real reason, why supporters are staying

away. Watching Boring football, with only 6 wins from 23 home SPL games, says it all. We are watching

The reason I say this is, my brother and a couple of my mates have been up this season and they all said,

they would NOT be wasting, their hard earned money watching, what we are getting served up again,

this season, if it was exciting football, then they would be back, backs up your great and honest points

really.

Are you pished?

The perfect storm for people to stay away just now..

1. Price increases at the gate and on season tickets (one of the highest in the league)

2. Poor home form carried over from last season

3. Early cup exit - frustration all round

4. Raised expectations from supporters (rightly or wrongly) and a sense that the team are failing to live up to them

Personally, I'm really disappointed to see the reduction in our home crowd from last season. I think a lot of us have been swept up in the rebuilding of the club and have lost sight of how far we've come in the last few years.

We had been rotting in the first division for an eternity and on the brink of extinction up until recently..

Hopefully we can get a few back in the gate with a bit of persective back amongst our support and a better product playing an effective brand of passing football..

• Like 2

Plenty posters warned this would be the case with price hike.

A lot of people said drop in season tic sales would be made up by pay at the gate, this never happens as once you havnae prepaid its easier not to go.

There was a frenzy on here a few weeks back re "nearing a sell out" for hearts game when in reality it was miles short of capacity.

Our crowds will also be down due to the way the fixtures work with away fans but as I say the cup defeat will have a big effect in the next few weeks as fans need something to get excited aboot, mid table mediocrity although an improvement on years gone by isnae exciting.

really.

Rocky, can you send me a link to any positive posts you've made about DFC please?

Plenty posters warned this would be the case with price hike.

A lot of people said drop in season tic sales would be made up by pay at the gate, this never happens as once you havnae prepaid its easier not to go.

There was a frenzy on here a few weeks back re "nearing a sell out" for hearts game when in reality it was miles short of capacity.

Our crowds will also be down due to the way the fixtures work with away fans but as I say the cup defeat will have a big effect in the next few weeks as fans need something to get excited aboot, mid table mediocrity although an improvement on years gone by isnae exciting.

I agree regarding the ticket prices, home form and cup exit.

However we spent so long in the 1st/Championship and everyone craved for top flight football. The euphoria of the Dumbarton game seemed to exorcise those demons and last season was a more than steady return to the top flight.

What were people expecting? Amazing football, played by superb players? Silky passing football and big name signings? Had nobody seen SPFL football before? I mean teams like Motherwell, ICT and StJ have been the best the league could offer outside Sellick and none of them played even half decent stuff.

We finished top six last season and are currently sitting top half of the league again and all anyone can do (myself included, truth be told) is complain. Nae pleasing us, is there?

• Like 1

really.

You're certainly fond of a comma or two Rocky. :lol:

Adblock Detected