Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Where Did You Expect Us to Be After 8 Years....

TheDarkBlues

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

"3 fae 18 Hartley get the (sweary word) finger oot this is (sweary word)

"same sh**e different day Hartley"

Something aboot using us (dfc) as an experiment. Don't get that one myself.

A couple of others, nothing major but there are rumblings.

I want him there I honestly do, I calm down quickly after games these days but I just don't want him made out as something he's not.

P.s the youth thing I couldn't comment I've nae idea how its going.

After the last 8 years I'm not only happy to be where we are but amazed! Twice on the brink of extinction and at best heading for part time football mid table in the championship less than 3 years ago. I'm old enough and have supported the Dee's long enough to appreciate how lucky we are right now. We are the top team in our city once again and I think that may be the case for a while to come.

Maybe the team he inherited was pish but seeing as there is now only one survivor from that team who has been given two contract extensions by PH then it's a bit of a moot point IMO.

Where do I think we should be? Personally I think we should be doing a little better in terms of results and entertainment levels, though I would sacrifice entertainment levels for consistent wins. The reason I say that is because I think a style of play change would make us a) miles more watchable and B) a bit more successful.

A lot has been made of the hatchet man tactics opponents are playing against us. It's no real surprise that we are because it's the easy way to get something against us. We have lots of good ball players but only really Thomson and McPake who will dig in in the trenches. Therefore a bit of rough and tumble and we struggle to cope with it. ICT saw this and when even a laddie like Ryan Christie is mixing it it's a bit of an eye opener.

I know I beat the same drum every week and apologies if it's boring however this formation will be the downfall for us. We have some good players, there's no doubt about that. However without width and pace we will continually get laboured performances where we struggle to break down well organised team like today. Some people seem to think that constitutes good football and fair play if that's their opinion. Doesn't do much for me however. If one of our new signings had been a replacement for Martin Boyle for example I think that would have greatly helped.

The past is the past and whilst it shouldn't be forgotten it also can't be the reason why we should just have a big cheesy grin at the moment. We could be doing worse, yes, but we could also be doing a bit better and I don't think it's unreasonable to say that.

Never heard any of that to be honest, it was the ref getting it down our end. Was it the same person shouting all that :)

The only thing I can judge the youths on is the lack of players progressing thro it. For Bene to be the best since McDonald says it all really.

After what we've all been through in the last 10/12 years I'll just be hopeful of always remaining in the top league 1st and foremost, then if possible to be top 8 so we're seeded in the league cup. at the start of the season I expect Celtic to win 2 of the 3 trophies

Edited by Pablothedee

After the last 8 years I'm not only happy to be where we are but amazed! Twice on the brink of extinction and at best heading for part time football mid table in the championship less than 3 years ago. I'm old enough and have supported the Dee's long enough to appreciate how lucky we are right now. We are the top team in our city once again and I think that may be the case for a while to come.

That's how I feel as well Cobra.

Never heard any of that to be honest, it was the red getting it down our end. Was it the same person shouting all that :)

The only thing I can judge the youths on is the lack of players progressing thro it. For Bene to be the best since McDonald says it all really.

After what we've all been through in the last 10/12 years I'll just hopefully of always remaining in the top league 1st and foremost, then if possible to be top 8 so we're seeded in the league cup. at the start of the season I expect Celtic to win 2 of the 3 trophies

Wasn't the same person, same area maybe.

Re this happy to survive thing I could never agree with that.

If I played for your team transfer request would be in as your ambition didn't match mine. Lol

Ph set his own target this season, a real go in the cups (1 down 1 to go), more points and goals than Last season and top 6 although he said ( and I agree) that this would be slightly more difficult.

Don't think people are judging him by unrealistic goals and targets just the ones he set himself.

Roughly where we are now.

But the fans can see we ain't winning many games at the moment just been papped oot the league cup.

Fine lines in football doesn't take much for the majority of fans to go fae neutral opinion to slightly more vocal with their concerns.

People are people and generally greedy for a wee bit o tangible success rather than perceived success.

I'm thankful Utd are kak at the moment as if they were 3 or 4 points ahead of us the grumblings would be louder. Sad but true.

The fans stood by us through 2 Admins and years & years of mediocrity. Why would they turn their backs now during the reign of a manager who has overseen promotion from a league we'd struggled to escape, a top 6 finish and a promising start to the new campaign?.

It seems to me that some will always seek out and highlight negativity whilst supporting a club that's never going to be perfect. What really are some trying to gain?. We are what we are and where we are and rolling out stats wont change anything.

Where we are at the present time, is certainly  a lot better than I, and probably most of us, could/would have expected. So in my view we are doing fine.

And now for apologies, for going directly off-topic John. This is a good topic. But the more relevant question for me is.......

.Where do the DFC fans and present FPS (or is it BOD) expect us to be in 8 years time ?

( Don't wan't to distract from this topic. So don't want to start a new topic)

Although would be interested in fans future expectations?

Adblock Detected