Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Shirts Question For Old Timers

Ivan Drago

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Thought we were umbro immediately before logos went on strip - but ready to be corrected

Pretty sure I remember an Umbro logo on the tag of a top back in the early seventies.

Could be that my minds playing tricks though because back then you got a top and random shorts / socks to match (or I did because we were minks), so could have been Umbro logo on the shorts.

I'm getting auld :(

Alas  Ivan no pictures of early strips as I dont have any. About 20 odd  years ago i had my paws on Willie Rankines Dundee top and was trying to aquire it to no avail, lost contact with the person who had it (her Grandfather was Wiilie) only if I could go back in time. regarding your question, I have match programmes from just after the war and there is an advert from a Wm Patterson & Sons in the Overgate who supplied boots to Dundee FC, doesnt say what make, then in the early 60's an advert from Meldrums in Reform Street who proclaim to be the suppliers of football gear to Dundee Football Club and list BUKTA & UMBRO clothing and ADIDAS boots. In the late 60's Meldrum added SLAZENGER & SIMLAM to their lists.I should have my replica strips from early-mid 70's up at my Mums which was bought from David Lows on Commercial Street. My Sinky match worn LC final top is from Umbro International. Sorry I cant be any more precise  :D  :D  :D  :D

Cheers J

Adblock Detected