Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Welsh National Squad and Cardiff/swansea

In danger of leaving Scotland light years behind because their two biggest teams flit between the most financially lucrative leagues in the world.

Their youth set ups are getting money Scotland can only dream of and will leave us in the dirt.

Only a full British premier league could help us pick up that ground again IMO,

Even Celtic making the champions league gets them less than the parachute payment for coming bottom of EPL.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If you wanted any Scottish teams to get anywhere near the top division of a British league set up, you would need pretty much regionalised teams.

One for Dundee

One for Edinburgh

Aberdeen get lucky and remain Aberdeen

Couldn't imagine any other area of Scotland being able to produce a new team that would get close.

Dundee would be pushing it as well.

If you wanted any Scottish teams to get anywhere near the top division of a British league set up, you would need pretty much regionalised teams.

One for Dundee

One for Edinburgh

Aberdeen get lucky and remain Aberdeen

Couldn't imagine any other area of Scotland being able to produce a new team that would get close.

Dundee would be pushing it as well.

I dunno...

I think a *British* league would see an end to Scottish football altogether.

UNLESS every financial perk that currently resides with the English leagues become UK wide.

But I doubt *that* would happen because of the usual vested-interests.

Sometimes I think the best thing for football would be for it to collapse in on itself and have to start again.

I am actually a big fan of this idea. Although it sounds pretty drastic, there are ways that we could do this that would:

• Remove Celtic and Rangers from the Scottish system thus making the title race much more exciting.
  • Not be financially burdened by the loss of the Old Firm.
  • Attract investment from businessmen who may look at sides like Aberdeen or the Edinburgh clubs and see an opportunity to advance.

The way I would go about doing this is simple. Retain the Scottish and English set-up in it's current form. If you look at average crowds from top flight clubs (excluding Celtic), we average out pretty much around League One level so I would equate Scotland to this on the pyramid. At the end of the season, the Scottish champions can enter the League One play offs.

It wouldn't be perfect but it would give us access to the money that is spread across English football and would keep most teams happy. Most teams would still be competing in Scotland but you would maybe have the odd few years where a club like ours might get a bit of fortune and sneak into the Championship (but would come down after a few years after making a lot of money).

The biggest problem is that it's just too many people to get round the table and sort out. Cross border leagues might happen in the next couple of decades but I don't expect anything in the UK unless there was a wide push UEFA wide.

Our best chance is for Celtic and Rangers to strengthen their brand and gain support from English clubs to join.

Scotland and England are different countries even if for now we are part of the same political union. Yes we have a problem with the Old Firm being on another level but that's not a reason to join another country's league.

Wales has been dominated by England for so many centuries that Wales is practically a region of England. They've got the same legal and education system, while we've remained independent in lots of ways.

I am actually a big fan of this idea. Although it sounds pretty drastic, there are ways that we could do this that would:

• Remove Celtic and Rangers from the Scottish system thus making the title race much more exciting.
  • Not be financially burdened by the loss of the Old Firm.
  • Attract investment from businessmen who may look at sides like Aberdeen or the Edinburgh clubs and see an opportunity to advance.

The way I would go about doing this is simple. Retain the Scottish and English set-up in it's current form. If you look at average crowds from top flight clubs (excluding Celtic), we average out pretty much around League One level so I would equate Scotland to this on the pyramid. At the end of the season, the Scottish champions can enter the League One play offs.

It wouldn't be perfect but it would give us access to the money that is spread across English football and would keep most teams happy. Most teams would still be competing in Scotland but you would maybe have the odd few years where a club like ours might get a bit of fortune and sneak into the Championship (but would come down after a few years after making a lot of money).

The biggest problem is that it's just too many people to get round the table and sort out. Cross border leagues might happen in the next couple of decades but I don't expect anything in the UK unless there was a wide push UEFA wide.

Our best chance is for Celtic and Rangers to strengthen their brand and gain support from English clubs to join.

Scotland and England are different countries even if for now we are part of the same political union. Yes we have a problem with the Old Firm being on another level but that's not a reason to join another country's league.

Wales has been dominated by England for so many centuries that Wales is practically a region of England. They've got the same legal and education system, while we've remained independent in lots of ways.

Getting away from the political side of it, why would English league 1, 2 or aspiring lower league clubs want a load of extra teams coming in as competition ? There's also our reputation down south, most recently due to Rangers redecoration of Manchester a couple of years back. There's also the international angle, if England, Scotland and Wales are all playing in the same league, why not just go with team UK ? I don't mean from the home nations but other countries might see it as a bit unnecessary. 

Personally my preferred scenario involves 2 clubs fecking off to whoever would have them and the rest of us forming 2 national leagues, call them what you want but basically the top league of 16/18 clubs who would all be professional, a second tier of mixed part time and full time who should be aspiring to the top league and below that, regional leagues. Without Rangers and Celtic I really don't think we'll be that worse off TV money wise, if these 2 are playing in some Atlantic league, we might actually see more fans turn up at other clubs when their 'big team' are playing out of the country.

Ain't gonna happen though, the SFA/SPL  would drop to their knee's to keep the OF, they only think short term and what happens on 'their watch'.  :(

British League, no thank you. Bad enough visiting Inverness and Ross County, without having to visit the likes of Gillingham and Plymouth for a away game.

Personally my preferred scenario involves 2 clubs fecking off to whoever would have them and the rest of us forming 2 national leagues.

I used to think that the SPL (At that time) wouldn't survive without the ugly sister, but now having seen one of them not in the league, I would like the other one fekking off else where as well. Would open up the whole league and make it more exciting all around, instead of this who will win number 2 spot this year?

Getting away from the political side of it, why would English league 1, 2 or aspiring lower league clubs want a load of extra teams coming in as competition ? There's also our reputation down south, most recently due to Rangers redecoration of Manchester a couple of years back. There's also the international angle, if England, Scotland and Wales are all playing in the same league, why not just go with team UK ? I don't mean from the home nations but other countries might see it as a bit unnecessary. 

Personally my preferred scenario involves 2 clubs fecking off to whoever would have them and the rest of us forming 2 national leagues, call them what you want but basically the top league of 16/18 clubs who would all be professional, a second tier of mixed part time and full time who should be aspiring to the top league and below that, regional leagues. Without Rangers and Celtic I really don't think we'll be that worse off TV money wise, if these 2 are playing in some Atlantic league, we might actually see more fans turn up at other clubs when their 'big team' are playing out of the country.

Ain't gonna happen though, the SFA/SPL  would drop to their knee's to keep the OF, they only think short term and what happens on 'their watch'.  :(

The Old Firm are not welcome in England. They are not needed by the big clubs and not wanted by the small clubs. We're stuck with them.

If change comes it will Europe-wide and driven by the superclubs like Bayern, Barca, Real and Man Utd. Rangers and Celtic will be involved in those conversations no doubt.

Adblock Detected