The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
Cobra

Best Dundee Winger From The Last 25 Years

Rate this topic

Best Dundee winger  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the best Dundee winger from the last 25 years?

• Neil McCann
    • Harry Artero
    • Beto Carranza
    • Iain Anderson
    • Steven Boyack
    • Ian McCall
    • Nicky Riley
    • Joe McBride
    • Ivo den Bieman
    • Paul Tosh

I am disappointed that the poll is only for the last 25 years.

We had far superior wingers in the 1960's namely Gordon Smith, Hugh Robertson and Billy Campbell.

Edited by islaydarkblue

We had far superior wingers in the 1960's namely Gordon Smith, Hugh Robertson and Billy Campbell.

Start a thread on it Islay.

Billy Campbell..... my first Dundee FC hero when i was a wee boy at Dens. He probably wasn't as good as I remember him to be but i like to think he was..

What about Gavin Swankie? O 2nd thoughts mebbe no.

What about Gavin Swankie? O 2nd thoughts mebbe no.

Had miles worse than swankie IMO Rio. Flitted in and out of games but had some skill

I've added all the names mentioned apart from Harris for obvious reasons. You can change your vote if you like.

Had miles worse than swankie IMO Rio. Flitted in and out of games but had some skill

I thought Swankie and Dixon had a good understanding on the left of the park, maybe my memory playing tricks but I seem to mind some *** overlapping running between the two of them. As you say though some games he just didn't seem to turn up, frustrating because we knew he had some ability.

I've added all the names mentioned apart from Harris for obvious reasons. You can change your vote if you like.

No you're alright, My 'mench' for Freddie was very tongue in cheek.

No you're alright, My 'mench' for Freddie was very tongue in cheek.

I thought it was tongue in cheek Chomp but I actually liked Freddie. Have taken him out now.

The reason I only went back to 1990 is because it allows a good percentage of fans to discuss all the players from that period.

Also I imagine the standard was far higher in the 1960s. Smith, Robertson and Campbell were probably on another level to the guys we're used to watching these days.

I thought it was tongue in cheek Chomp but I actually liked Freddie. Have taken him out now.

I think Freddie was like the Tank, because they're foreign you want them to do well, like we've discovered some superstar, at some point you have to just put your hand up and accept a player is mince, no matter how much you had pinned your hopes on them.  :lol2:

McCann for me. His chip in the semi remains one of my favourite goals of all time.

Mcann.always had a soft spot for Paul tosh though!!

Mcann.always had a soft spot for Paul tosh though!!

I'd go as far as to say I had a bit of Man Love for Tosh. Head down and charge at the goal!!

Voted for Beto. Really should put either McCann, or Harry in front of him, but Beto had talent coming out of of his ar**!

Beto was incredibly talented. Check out this sublime through ball for Fab Cab.

I've added Tosher to the poll and given him my vote because he was quality. He had power and pace in abundance.

Beto was incredibly talented. Check out this sublime through ball for Fab Cab.

I've added Tosher to the poll and given him my vote because he was quality. He had power and pace in abundance.

And add this beauty from Paul Tosh for those needing a memory jogger.

One of my favourite goals at Dens.

• Like 2