Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Most Underrated Dees

Ivan Drago

A lot of topics on here are around the best or worst of something we've seen.

Bit different here, who's the most underrated player we've had in your time. Imagine this will cause a fair bit of debate!

Four that spring to mind for me are

Piotr Czachowski - the one that got away IMO. Absolute player

Kiko Torres - amidst all the lunacy of the Bonnetti era he was a really effective and un-flashy mid

Garry Brady - very creative

Kevin McBride - criminally over vilified

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Ivano the player. The hardest man on the team to replace when he packed in. Best crosser of a ball I have ever seen at Dens and a total winner. Beto Carranza was good but not a patch on Ivano.

Ian McCall. Total waste of talent to drink away his career and to get sacked after the shoe and boat incidents. One of the best long passers I have seen at Dens. Absolute wand of a left foot. I'd have loved to have seen an uninjured Ian Durrant and a sober Ian McColl play for Rangers they had the talent and potential to become legends of the game. Collins and McStay across the city weren't in the same league but McStay stayed fit, Collins had a better attitude and they have well over 100 caps between them.

Edited by Caniggia33

A lot of topics on here are around the best or worst of something we've seen.

Bit different here, who's the most underrated player we've had in your time. Imagine this will cause a fair bit of debate!

Four that spring to mind for me are

Piotr Czachowski - the one that got away IMO. Absolute player

Kiko Torres - amidst all the lunacy of the Bonnetti era he was a really effective and un-flashy mid

Garry Brady - very creative

Kevin McBride - criminally over vilified

From your list I'd completely agree about Kevin McBride being vilified, it took me a while to see what he did for us but once I did I rarely had a bad word for him. Basically a 'council house' Kevin Thomson and I mean no disrespect by saying that, a fit KT makes a big difference to our team, McBride did the same job in a poorer team. 

I'll have a think about who else, off the top of my head Brian Kerr, although his career after he left us suggests he was on the decline.

I thought Ray Stephen and Iain Ferguson were excellent for Dundee when I first started watching the team but they rarely get a mention nowadays.

Vince Mennie was nowhere near as bad as legend suggests. We've had a lot worse since.

Paul Tosh was fantastic for us but doesn't get a lot of love.

Ivano the player. The hardest man on the team to replace when he packed in. Best crosser of a ball I have ever seen at Dens and a total winner. Beto Carranza was good but not a patch on Ivano.

Ivano was a class act as a player. That goal at Pittodrie on CC's debut has been completely overshadowed due to what followed but was a touch of class.

Also recall in a derby him doing keepy ups at the corner flag protecting the ball before overhead kicking it to clear. Think it was in the you've only got 2 points Halloween CC and Georgi derby.

100% - Ivano was a brilliant player

Dont think alot of Dees appreciated Curier which i found baffling.

Eric Paton was underated imo - was a big fan of him , would put some of our injury fairy players to shame as Paton played through the pain barrier a good few times for the Dee.

Adblocker Detected