Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Question

CC33

A player can improve his first touch finishing etc by practise.... ive always wondered why cant a player improve his pace?

Like ive never know a player who was once slow to get fast throught doing something - why is this , why is it not possible.

Or is it and ive just never noticed , like if ive seen a fast player its because he`s always had pace , i canny think of a slow player improving his pace to where it becomes noticable

Just wondered if any1 who does running or in fitness could explain

On that subject i rekon if Stewart had more pace he`d be an even higher asset to us

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some players are faster than others because of genetics but it's possible to get faster by improving technique and endurance. The reason Usain Bolt is so fast is because he takes so few strides to get to the finish line. A lot of that is down to practice.

Just find it strange that i cant think of players improving pace.

I dont really know alot about fitness things etc just thought it was worth asking for anyone who`d know.

I understand improving stamia but not really pace , ive always wondered why.

Pace is a funny thing, like Rio I used to be able to run for miles (hard to believe now if you saw me  :lol2: ) but I was never a sprinter. In things like football where you're running against someone to get a ball or whatever fitness will help. I was fast compared to less fit guys, especially later in the game even though I had no natural speed and in football 'awkwardness' can help, using upper body strength to keep people from getting past you etc. This is where the pro SHOULD beat the semi pro, running with a ball is a different skill though, guys like Nicky Riley were rapid with the ball at his feet but apparently he wasn't the fastest sprinter at the club. There are ways to improve your sprinting and it would help but footballers don't sprint in the traditional sense much, maybe running to catch someone with the ball but as soon as they get to the guy all the other stuff comes into play.

Some players are faster than others because of genetics but it's possible to get faster by improving technique and endurance. The reason Usain Bolt is so fast is because he takes so few strides to get to the finish line. A lot of that is down to practice.

It's also the exact same reason Michael Owen's career was decimated by injuries. His strides were too big for his legs/hamstrings to handle.

Used to get sprint training from a guy who ran professionally. He did show us how a sprinter strides, use of arms and practice. It helped a bit but it wasn't enough to make a slow runner into a fast runner. You got a bit quicker but not enough to turn you into a flyer. Seems that's all to do with basic mechanics of how you are built and how you run - genetics -I suppose.

You can gain a yard or so by being quicker thinking, ie seeing the gap or the opportunity and hitting top speed before the defender realizes what's happening. Coaching could help create that kind of awareness, especially when a couple of players have a good understanding of what each other is likely to do under any given set of circumstances..

A player can improve his first touch finishing etc by practise.... ive always wondered why cant a player improve his pace?

Like ive never know a player who was once slow to get fast throught doing something - why is this , why is it not possible.

Or is it and ive just never noticed , like if ive seen a fast player its because he`s always had pace , i canny think of a slow player improving his pace to where it becomes noticable

Just wondered if any1 who does running or in fitness could explain

On that subject i rekon if Stewart had more pace he`d be an even higher asset to us

It's like everything else and I'm sure that athletes are no different, there are limits to which the body can take regardless of how much you train.

Most sprinters in athletics will break their own record normally by a fraction of a second, so I think the fact that they train to beat their own personal best by those margins. If this is true for athletic sprinters,  then I am sure that you wont see much difference in a football players speed especially since they train for stamina.

I think Stewart's brain and left peg are a higher asset to us than his speed. :)

Adblocker Detected