Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Size Matters!

HK Blues

Have felt ever since i started watching the Dees that we usually are a smaller team generally compared to most, in terms of physical presence as much as height. And same applies to Scotland national team. Maybe it's the dark blue shirts! More likely, better to be gifted and big than gifted and not so big so, due to our recent troubles, we have not had "first pick" of available talent.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I have thought this for years - we have had a few teams who have been outmuscled. On our unexpected return to the SPL and we played first game at Kille (0-0) the Killie players were knocking us off the ball whilst we all screamed for fouls - not to be. Maybe some were fouls , and Hearts at Dens this season was another example but if that is what it takes then we need to muscle up and get stuck in.

An extra few inches always helps. We are not the tallest team which worries everybody at set pieces etc but for some players it's not height it's bulk / strength. Look at most English teams these days. All (most)  the players (even the small ones) are reasonably bulky with good muscle definition. Look at McGinn for example... he would be twice the player with more muscle.

Players need to get to the gym....no excuse nowadays for professional players.

Days of going to the snooker and having a few pints are long gone ;)

For the 2007 campaign Rae signed his 'giants' and it didn't quite go to plan, big Jan Zemlik, all 6'5'' spent more time on the deck than Clarkson.  :lol2:

As a rule I think having a bit of height is a good thing, as has been said, especially in some positions. Certainly for the hurly burly of Scottish football being either tall and/or robust is an asset although its not the be all and end all, Griffiths isn't exactly a giant but gets by on skill. If I'm honest, I'd like to have a bit more physicality about the team but not at the expense of skill, just being greedy I guess.

Griffiths came back from Wolves toned and muscled up in upper body - it was noticeable when he came to Dens to watch a game after being down south.

Are the days of snooker and pints still around???  I would hope that most players would cherish the opportunity of a short career they should love and with the current tragedy of Ralph Milne use that as an example - he did very well but who knows what he could have achieved???

Adblock Detected