Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Team/formation At Parkhead

nemsadzDEE

How would you set the team up next week at Parkhead? 

I hope Hartley isn't tempted to try 532 with wing backs again but think he might consider it as he said it worked against Aberdeen.

I'd go with:

Bain

McGinn Julen McPake / Konrad Irvine

Ross  Thompson  Low

Stewart

Hemmings Loy

Stewart and Loy will have to help out defensively when we don't have the ball but we should be looking to break quickly and can cause them problems with the pace and movement of our front 3. Celtics defensive looked shaky against Aberdeen do we should go for it and not let them settle into their pressing/passing game. 

It might seem attacking but if Stewart and Loy do a job defensively it can become 451 when we're defending to help combat Celtics width. 

Think Irvine should continue at left back for now, he hasn't done anything wrong and looked good going forward yesterday. 

Don't think it's the kind of game for Harkins but he's a good option from the bench, we need the 3 in the middle to work hard but have the vision to spot runs and start fast counter attacks. Thompson, Low and Ross are all capable of that. McGowan slows our counter attacks as well and turns back too often so i would leave him out if fit as well. 

We will have plenty of options from the bench to change things if it's not working. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If they do i'd have Ross helping out McGinn and Low helping Irvine when  required in the above formation. 

The important thing for me is not letting Celtic pin us back in our own half and being able to break with pace and cause them problems on the counter.

We'll have to attack and defend as a team to have any chance. I'd rather we went there with intend though rather than damage limitation. They are far from unbeatable and their fans will turn on them if they don't get an early goal. 

The really key areas for me next week are:

. Playing a solid back four without kamikaze full backs..

. Breaking quickly when we have the opportunity

. Taking advantage at set pieces and taking any chances that come our way

. Not conceding in the first half hour

. Creating opportunities to attack their back line - they look poor

. Not playing Nicky Low as a right winger!

Similarly to NemsadzDee, I'd go:

• Like 1

The really key areas for me next week are:

. Playing a solid back four without kamikaze full backs..

. Breaking quickly when we have the opportunity

. Taking advantage at set pieces and taking any chances that come our way

. Not conceding in the first half hour

. Creating opportunities to attack their back line - they look poor

. Not playing Nicky Low as a right winger!

Similarly to NemsadzDee, I'd go:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

This. We need to go at them as they are weak at the back. Playing it around will just bring pressure back onto us.

Pretty sure we'll play that exact 11.

Not sure about the line up as Hartley might go a bit more cautious than the suggestions on here but would be good to see us have a real go at them like we did the first two times against them last season in the 1-1 draw at Dens where we should have won comfortably with better finishing and the 2-1 defeat at Parkhead where we should have got something out the game on the balance of play.

The next three times we sat in and didn't pressure their players and were beat 2-0, 2-1 and 5-0.

McGinn, Julen, Konrad and McPake all gifted Partick goalscoring opportunities so I'm not confident we'll keep a clean sheet.

I would move Irvine to right back, bring back Holt and hope McPake can play.

I'd sit Thomson in a deep position to protect the back four as best he can.

In front of KT, I'd play Low alongside Harkins with Stewart and Hemmings further forward.

If we go a goal down I'd think about changing things by bringing on Calder to stretch their defence.

----------------Bain

Irvine---Julen---McPake---Holt

-------------Thomson

-----------Low----Harkins

--------------Stewart

-----------Hemmings

Edited by Cobra

I'd go:

Bain

McGinn Konrad Julen Irvine

Stewart Low Thomson Calder

Loy Hemmings

I prefer Holt over Irvine, but he's not going to be dropped after an ok performance against Partick. Also in the defence i'd rest McPake - if he's even carrying a slight knock then i wouldn't risk him in this one, as the next games are really important.

Low clearly wasn't suited to the wide role, so i'd have him alongside Thomson and drop Ross and Harkins who haven't been great in the last two games. Calder coming in for his direct runs against hopefully Efe Ambrose who usually plays if they've been in the Europa.

Two upfront - the Celtic defence is pish and we have to go at them. Loy and Hemmings running would cause them all sorts of problems. Don't think we should respect this Celtic team too much, they don't deserve it with their squad. If the more attacking lineup backfires then i don't think anyone would be too upset at a defeat away to Celtic anyway.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected