Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Favourite Game V Celtic

Cobra

For me it was our first league win of 1987 which came at the end of February at Dens. We trailed 1-0 at half-time to a McClair goal before producing a brilliant second-half display to thrash them 4-1. Mennie equalised just after the break from Bomber's cross. Then on the hour mark we scored two goals in a minute. Forsyth set up Shannon to smash home before Mennie crossed for Bomber to put us 3-1 up. Jack sealed a great win when he knocked in the rebound after Shannon rattled the crossbar in the dying minutes. Duffy was at his brilliant best that day.

What's your most memorable game against Celtic?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it was our first league win of 1987 which came at the end of February at Dens. We trailed 1-0 at half-time to a McClair goal before producing a brilliant second-half display to thrash them 4-1. Mennie equalised just after the break from Bomber's cross. Then on the hour mark we scored two goals in a minute. Forsyth set up Shannon to smash home before Mennie crossed for Bomber to put us 3-1 up. Jack sealed a great win when he knocked in the rebound after Shannon rattled the crossbar in the dying minutes. Duffy was at his brilliant best that day.

What's your most memorable game against Celtic?

I remember that game well Cobra, it was a brilliant second half from the Dee that day, If i recall correctly did we not go on a 14 match unbeaten run or similar after that game?

I remember that game well Cobra, it was a brilliant second half from the Dee that day, If i recall correctly did we not go on a 14 match unbeaten run or similar after that game?

We finished that season really strongly gen65 but we did lose to Rangers in the league and United in the cup.

Our final five results at Dens were very impressive...

Falkirk 4-0

Aberdeen 1-1

Motherwell 4-1

Clydebank 4-1

Hamilton 7-3

We really were spoiled for entertainment back then with Coyne banging in the goals and lots of quality attacking players around him. 18 times that season we scored 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 in a game. Not bad going.

Edited by Cobra

Adblock Detected