The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Celtic 6 - 0 Dundee (20/08/2015)

Rate this topic

that fookin mad I might have a stutter ! And if you were there today ??? I think you might be of the same opinion - rank rank rotten ! No stutter! !

Tongue in cheek comment made, no offence meant mate. Could'nt make it today (thank f**k), but respect to all of you who could. And yes I agree rannk, rank rotten.

Thomson and Konrad are a complete waste of money, that was just embarrassing ..

I actually thought we'd moved on from shambolic defensive displays but obviously not. Our worst results have one common factor- Konrad. He seems to lose the head when we go behind, and looks like a Sunday league player. Positioning is awful most of the time. I thought he might be a decent player when he arrived, but now he looks like the lower German league player that he has always been. Time to move him on and upgrade. Result raises questions of Hartley's preparation of the side too. 6-0 is an embarrassment.

Cannot change a game?

Last week we won (undeservedly) after he made the right substitutions

In last months Derby we were two nil down and fought back to draw two all - again, after making the correct changes.

I think he's capable of changing a game but guilty of over complicating our teams shape and instruction..

How much bigger is PH's budget in comparison to John Browns or previous Premier League Dundee managers? Do you have the full details?

Boba without knowing the specifics of the budget it is clear as day Hartley has been well backed and backed to a level no other dee manager since Bonetti was.

The actual figures will not be in the public domain but which other manager has been able to

1) spend transfer fees and

2) hand out a plethora of 3 year deals?

I don't know why folk don't ackowledge that, to their credit I hasten to add, the board have backed their man

• Like 1

Just watched the highlights and wish I hadn't. Over-riding sense was how SLOW we looked compared to Celtic. Ponderous defending, looking unfit?? Thomson horrendous, Konrad hopeless, Irvine same as usual. Even Bain made a howler on a simple cross, but with the level of chaotic defending that we'd shown up to that point, he'd have every reason to be nervous. We just looked like a defensive shambles but worse was the evident lack of strength in the challenge. Where's the fight gone??? Very worrying indeed to watch. If we can throw the towel in so easily, it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

Didn't go yesterday but from speaking to a couple of mates who were there it seems to have been absolutely pathetic. Looked at that Celtic starting 11 before the game and thought we should have a real chance here. How wrong could I be! Celtic have some good quality attackers but their defence is bang average at best.

Izaguirre - bombscare defender

Boyata - bombscare when put under pressure

Ambrose - bombscare in general

Why on earth did we not put out a team to really put them under pressure? Hartley just does not know how to get a performance out of his players against the better sides.

Boba without knowing the specifics of the budget it is clear as day Hartley has been well backed and backed to a level no other dee manager since Bonetti was.

The actual figures will not be in the public domain but which other manager has been able to

1) spend transfer fees and

2) hand out a plethora of 3 year deals?

I don't know why folk don't ackowledge that, to their credit I hasten to add, the board have backed their man

Ivan, in response:

1. We've been in financial meltdown continually since the Bonneti era

2. We've been in the first division almost continually since then as well

3. I fully expect PH to have a bigger budget than some recent managers due to our Premiership status and new leadership

4. I do give credit to the board for what I perceive to be a supportive backing of the manager but we do not have any facts or figure to base this upon. Only a perception

5. Have we not improved on the park, in the league and in general?

I'm defending the manager as we are a club transformed in comparison to where we were when he took over. Comments about misusing his budget and not being able to change a game are clearly way off the mark. He's the best manager we've had at Dens in a very, very long time and his results show that.

Knee jerk reactions to a dismal day yesterday for me..

Edited by Boba Fett

Boba

you make some fair points there. It's safe to say that I think he's any where near the best manager we've had but each to their own.

My argument is more that the yanks and their improved budget are facilitating this improvement more than PH is. Yes we are doing better than previously, so we bloody should when basing against such a low benchmark. I think the question is more are we doing as well as we should be doing as opposed to are we doing better than previous.

I think the answer to that question is hmmmmmmm at best.

Agree PH is an excellent manager, but blinkered when it comes to formations and trying to play football.

An odd thing about the game was how the goals came in two-goal bursts. Here was me thinking a 4-0 hammering was a pretty good result, then I see it's six.

To put this slightly into context...

Last week Celtic got a point off of Ajax away with 10 men. Both teams looked pretty evenly matched.

If we were in Europe and got beat 6 - 0 by Ajax would we think it was as bad as getting horsed domestically by Celtic?

Maybe we have to admit to ourselves that Celtic have actually built a decent team that made us look slow and sh**e.

Last week Celtic got a point off of Ajax away with 10 men. Both teams looked pretty evenly matched.

If we were in Europe and got beat 6 - 0 by Ajax would we think it was as bad as getting horsed domestically by Celtic?

Maybe we have to admit to ourselves that Celtic have actually built a decent team that made us look slow and sh**e.

Celtic are a good team and underrated by a lot of Dundee fans calling them average and so on.

We still shouldn't be getting beat 6-0 going on 12-0 by a team in the same league as us though.

Getting beat 6-0 by Ajax would be a really bad result as they are on Celtic's level. Ajax are a very famous club but they are a pale imitation of the old Ajax.

Inverness were well beaten at Parkhead last month after conceding two early goals but they at least they managed to put in a respectable performance.

schGpFu.jpg

Getting beat 6-0 by Ajax would be a really bad result as they are on Celtic's level. Ajax are a very famous club but they are a pale imitation of the old Ajax.

Inverness were well beaten at Parkhead last month after conceding two early goals but they at least they managed to put in a respectable performance.

schGpFu.jpg

Inverness have a physicality about them that we don't. This allows them to compete (aka clog the sh1t out of) the opposition if the going gets tough. We but comparison look like a soft touch, and have done for years.

Cany mind the last time we had a hard man in centre mid - prob Maros Klimpl tho i didnt think he was any good either mind you wasnt as bad as Noubisse :o