The Dark Blues Dundee FC's foremost fans forum and fansite. Created by Dees for Dees. Get involved
Sign in to follow this  
TheDarkBlues

Match Aftermath: Celtic 6 - 0 Dundee (20/08/2015)

Rate this topic

I'm seriously p*ssed off with the result yesterday as I've probably shown in several posts on here since but have no problem whatsoever with Calder swapping shirts at full time.

The young laddie should be told in no uncertain terms that swapping shirts after that debacle is totally unacceptable.

Mind Benny did the same after an equally awful horsing there under smithy. Totally disrespectful

I'll tell you what I find disrespectful , that fucking performance. To every Dundee fan who paid good money to go and see that absolute drivel, the management and team showed them no respect whatsoever. In fact every Dundee fan deserves at least 100% effort from every player regardless of ability. I would dock every one of them wages for that display, and reimburse the fans who travelled through for the game with the money.

Fecking disgrace that wi Calder if true.

We`ve just been embarrased , yet our player wants yin o there tops

Them finding it funny at missing a pen

PH souless interview and using words like outclassed - there no fcking Munich Hartley.

See if i was a Dee player yesterday , n esp seen there player laugh after missing a pen - it would fire me up to put in a tackle maybe even risk sent off etc im sure dees would accept that alot more than being gutless.

Yesterday really was a disgrace on so many levels.

Can no one have fcking fire in them

DISGRACE

SNS-11313427-Celtic-v-Dundee.jpg.jpg

I keep coming back to "Only an Excuse" when I see stuff like this...

"Naw! Naw we didnae show them too much respect! We TELT them we were gonnae get wired RIGHT INTAE THEM.... when we were gettin' their autographs in the tunnel afore kick aff!"

Possibly our worst performance under PH and just not acceptable. I am loathe to have a go at the Manager because there is no doubt we are in a better place since he arrived, but the expectations are higher too. Still lots of work for him to do before we assemble a squad that will compete in the top six. That means replacements next season for Konrad, Irvine and a few others and hopefully the signing of a dominant, aggressive midfield player who has the ability to add cohesion from defence to midfield and from there to the front players. We are too soft at times and try to play too much football when a more direct approach is required. PH under some pressure for the first time. Let's hope he can still deliver.

I'll tell you what I find disrespectful , that fucking performance. To every Dundee fan who paid good money to go and see that absolute drivel, the management and team showed them no respect whatsoever. In fact every Dundee fan deserves at least 100% effort from every player regardless of ability. I would dock every one of them wages for that display, and reimburse the fans who travelled through for the game with the money.

Totally agree, that performance, with the anti football tactics, from our Management team again , shows no respect to, all Dundee fans, but especially, the brave souls, that had to watch that drivel again, PH, has

to publically say sorry to these supporters, or no fans, will want to spend hard earned money, going to

any away games. Also I have said before, we must have the smallest and most lightweight midfield in this

division.

Humiliations like this give the impression of a Holiday Camp culture at Dens.

"We're going to lose so why bother trying too hard"

Hartley is going to lose 10 through there and that will be the end of him ... or ... a lot of the fans !

He needs to get a plan together that the players can understand and play to, we're under no obligation

to entertain through there, time waste, kick the ball oot ala rugby style down in the corners, take 11

bookings ... just stop the prideless antics of professional and well paid men.

That was Celtic after a decent workout from Ajax and their full back is playing up front looking for a hat-trick,

he should have been 'taken care off' like he did GS at Dens last season.

We need a Captain who plays 90 mins every week and can inspire, not dissapear when the sh*t hits the fan,

and the fans.

If players on the park know there getting arsed surely the senior pro's can have a word and reorganise without

having to wait on step by step instructions from PH, I know that is His job ... but c'mon do they want to stand there

getting peed on ?

The worry is if we go 2 down to any other team quickly we could take a 5 or 6 again.

PH is well liked but the results v Dunfermline and Celtic are starting to crank up pressure that a professional manager

should not be inviting on himself.

He's got to show he is learning and that Starts Now, 90 min performances and no more unprofessional hammerings .......

Humiliations like this give the impression of a Holiday Camp culture at Dens.

"We're going to lose so why bother trying too hard"

Hartley is going to lose 10 through there and that will be the end of him ... or ... a lot of the fans !

He needs to get a plan together that the players can understand and play to, we're under no obligation

to entertain through there, time waste, kick the ball oot ala rugby style down in the corners, take 11

bookings ... just stop the prideless antics of professional and well paid men.

That was Celtic after a decent workout from Ajax and their full back is playing up front looking for a hat-trick,

he should have been 'taken care off' like he did GS at Dens last season.

We need a Captain who plays 90 mins every week and can inspire, not dissapear when the sh*t hits the fan,

and the fans.

If players on the park know there getting arsed surely the senior pro's can have a word and reorganise without

having to wait on step by step instructions from PH, I know that is His job ... but c'mon do they want to stand there

getting peed on ?

The worry is if we go 2 down to any other team quickly we could take a 5 or 6 again.

PH is well liked but the results v Dunfermline and Celtic are starting to crank up pressure that a professional manager

should not be inviting on himself.

He's got to show he is learning and that Starts Now, 90 min performances and no more unprofessional hammerings .......

Well said

Possibly our worst performance under PH and just not acceptable. I am loathe to have a go at the Manager because there is no doubt we are in a better place since he arrived, but the expectations are higher too. Still lots of work for him to do before we assemble a squad that will compete in the top six. That means replacements next season for Konrad, Irvine and a few others and hopefully the signing of a dominant, aggressive midfield player who has the ability to add cohesion from defence to midfield and from there to the front players. We are too soft at times and try to play too much football when a more direct approach is required. PH under some pressure for the first time. Let's hope he can still deliver.

the performance against thistle was just as bad yet we sneaked a win hartley must have been in cloud cuckoo land if he thought that same starting 11 could contain celtic at parkhead, in 40 years I have seen some dross but that performance was certainly the worst considering the level of players we have at the club at the moment.

• Like 1

Fecking disgrace that wi Calder if true.

Why? I don't get the attitude on this. He has come up from England and is probably trying to get shirts of players he probably has heard of up here. He isn't even technically a Dee player and as I said he many wants to just collect as many shirts for his collection before goes home, that doesn't make it a fcking disgrace.

Has the buzz and chat about the latest loan signings demotivated the existing players? Seems like they are all a wee bit gentle and need egos stroked all the time. Hair dryer treatment time, IMO.

I'm still in recovery I think ... (I watched the  Celtic Stream) ......Very, very sad stuff !!

And no' helped by the celtic comments/commentary. I think what has to have been said, has already been said on the forum.

What was said in the dressing room before and after the game, I,ve no idea. I do think the game against County will tell us a great deal about PH and his team.

A win against county will please me but it will not change my opinion regarding the brutal lack of passion, urgency and heartless performances I've been watching lately. A lot must change not just a win on Saturday

I see Hartley is blaming the players for the Celtic debacle. IMO he has messed about with the players' heads far too much and they look demoralised with it. He needs to decide on a formation and stick to it.

The problem being I don't think he knows what formation he really wants.

I see Hartley is blaming the players for the Celtic debacle. IMO he has messed about with the players' heads far too much and they look demoralised with it. He needs to decide on a formation and stick to it.

The problem being I don't think he knows what formation he really wants.

The ane against Killie worked well enough, why not just stick with that? Too simple obviously, loy and hemmings with Stewart free roaming, was great to watch but nothing close to that since.. Hearts first half aside... Part of united first half as well..

With the great start on the opening game, everyone I think thought DFC, PH and the team, were setting down the marker for what to expect for the rest of the season.

Some of the following defeats and displays might have been expected, and there is no harm in questioning PH's players choices, tactics and systems.

The total collapse against Celtic on Sunday was needless to say, the hardest one for all of us to take. Especially with earlier expectations being so high.

Defeats, and even bad displays, are just about acceptable (given time) ......and maybe even seeing systems and methods that might seem to work on the training ground, but then fall to pieces in a "real game" might be just about OK ish.   Continued repeated mistakes however, and what appears to be a persistence to stick rigidly with things that are no working (for whatever reason), is worrying. It appears that what is being asked of the players by PH is simply too much for them.

That said, I still expect them as professional players to rip their heart out in every game. To always give their best for DFC. And on Sunday they did not. I do think manager and players and coaching staff should all accept shared responsibility.I personally am no' near the stage of "bashing" DFC players and our manager.

I am still thinking/hoping we will come right. But I can understand those supporters and fans who might be starting to lose faith. 

How DFC perform the next few games will tell us more. Whatever our views on these issues we all want to see Our Club succeed and get back on the rails towards the successful Club they can be ...... leaving the ither "scabby" Dundee Club in the wake of oor growing success. " C'mon Dundee FC ..... DO IT"