Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Question/advice/help.......bitdefender Antivirus

Gedee

I do NOT use internet for banking etc. and I have never had trouble with viruses.

Presently use AVASTI (Free Version) ........  and it seems to do the job fine.     (Well up to now)

Today I received an email (Black Friday Limited Offer).....70% off.....£60 down to £18 ......."Bit defender" (TOTAL SECURITY)

What do you think, should I go for it ?             Or happily joogle on with my free one ?

I think I have to download it. If I decide to buy              it. Is that easy ?

"WHICH" do rate it highly, but added it can be complicated to use. Need to make a decision before midnight. 

If it is no selt oot !! ......... Thank You.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don';t go spending money on something that you will get as good an equivalent for free.

I use AVG Free and have only had one virus - actually today, caused by a flash movie, ironically on Dundee Mad.

It's pretty accurate software, doesn't slow the computer down and not too annoying for updates and pop-up action comments.

You'll find all the security-related genres have suitable free versions that are not inhibitive or limited to any extent that would risk your browsing.

Worthwhile also making sure your browser is the most up-to-date version aswell, mind.

Don';t go spending money on something that you will get as good an equivalent for free.

I use AVG Free and have only had one virus - actually today, caused by a flash movie, ironically on Dundee Mad.

It's pretty accurate software, doesn't slow the computer down and not too annoying for updates and pop-up action comments.

You'll find all the security-related genres have suitable free versions that are not inhibitive or limited to any extent that would risk your browsing.

Worthwhile also making sure your browser is the most up-to-date version aswell, mind.

Thank you Twa FF's .......... for your quick response and what looks to me to be good advice.

As I said I am no' at all clever on computer/internet    (age thing probably, know jist now enough to get me by)        The lenovo computer I am using is less than a year old. I use firefox ........ (if that is what "browser" means)        

So unless I hear anything drastically different I will take your advice stick with the free one.

Jist a wee question FF, when you said today you picked up a virus ........how then did you remove it ?

Thank you Twa FF's .......... for your quick response and what looks to me to be good advice.

As I said I am no' at all clever on computer/internet    (age thing probably, know jist now enough to get me by)        The lenovo computer I am using is less than a year old. I use firefox ........ (if that is what "browser" means)        

So unless I hear anything drastically different I will take your advice stick with the free one.

Jist a wee question FF, when you said today you picked up a virus ........how then did you remove it ?

My advice, stay with Avast. I personally rate this anti-virus number 1 on the market at the moment.

Do you have the internet suite? Anti-virus+firewall?

Add to that Malwarebytes, and you are pretty much set-up for all your malware/firewall/virus issues.

You also have adwCleaner, Rougekiller, mbar but I tend to use these on heavily infected machines from a USB stick.

My advice, stay with Avast. I personally rate this anti-virus number 1 on the market at the moment.

Do you have the internet suite? Anti-virus+firewall?

Add to that Malwarebytes, and you are pretty much set-up for all your malware/firewall/virus issues.

You also have adwCleaner, Rougekiller, mbar but I tend to use these on heavily infected machines from a USB stick.

Thank you Admin for your response and advice.

On the basis of the helpful posts received from Twa FF'S and yourself, I think that helped me make the decision not to follow up on the "special offer" (so again thank you, to yourself and FF)

Regarding, your questions and your other suggestions, I am still using the FREE avast, so I guess it will be very basic (no quite sure what I am doing, but it seems to work fine)           I think I maybe should be doing some further research,or get back to reading these computer help books I bought.

But since The Great Dark Blue Site came along, I dinnae hae the time ........... I am too busy posting !! 

Thank you again and take care.

I still find trend to be the best on the market, and if you shop around you can get it for about £14 per year. Titanium gives you complete piece of mind, slows nothing down, and it's the one I stuck on both the kids laptops :)

Thank you Colin ....... When you know as little as I do about these things it is always good to ask others, like your self and other forum members, who know much more. But sometimes, especially if it gets too technical (in my wee simple word anyway) I can be left  a wee bit mair confused.

Taking note of Trend and Titanium which you suggest, I will keep it simple for now and stick with this Free Avast, which seems to be doing the job.

Well at least until they send on to me,another unbeatable, soooper doooper upgrade 80% off offer.   Then the dilemma starts awe ower again !!

Thank you Colin ....... When you know as little as I do about these things it is always good to ask others, like your self and other forum members, who know much more. But sometimes, especially if it gets too technical (in my wee simple word anyway) I can be left  a wee bit mair confused.

Taking note of Trend and Titanium which you suggest, I will keep it simple for now and stick with this Free Avast, which seems to be doing the job.

Well at least until they send on to me,another unbeatable, soooper doooper upgrade 80% off offer.   Then the dilemma starts awe ower again !!

Geedee, I may actually still have a free license for trend titanium, I will check later and let you know. If so, it has about eight months to run, and that way you might be able to trying out and see if it is suitable for you. I will check tomorrow and mail you (not today as I have a match to watch here in sunny Spain) :)

Geedee, I may actually still have a free license for trend titanium, I will check later and let you know. If so, it has about eight months to run, and that way you might be able to trying out and see if it is suitable for you. I will check tomorrow and mail you (not today as I have a match to watch here in sunny Spain) :)

Sunny Spain Indeed ...............I am sitting here shivering im my auld hoose, wondering how may pairs o' long johns I can pit on below my breks, before I start to look really stupid !!

Thank you for your kind suggestion Colin. But I will not be at all diappointed if your "trendy thing" is not available.

(To be honest I might even be relieved, bearing in mind, my minimal ability around all things with the words computer and internet in the sentence)

Adblock Detected