Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

County

offshoredee

I disagree - team size is completely irrelevant - it's the quality of the side that matters. For instance, if we were paired against Hibs in the cup, I'd expect us to win, because they have a poor side even if they are a 'big' club. County have a top quality side this season, and are at the absolute top of their game evidenced by tonight.

Falkirk are technically a bigger club than County, so their defeat tonight is inexplicable. Extremely naïve view to take just basing it on club size as there is numerous other factors. For example, County's budget definitely isn't in proportion with their size because they are bankrolled by Roy MacGregor, I'm not saying they have a larger or lower budget than ours - I'm just saying that going on club size isn't really a good way to go in terms of thinking who we should beat and who we shouldn't.

Ludo, I actually think it is one of the reasons we floundered for so long. The club and a lot of the support thought that simply being Dundee Football Club was enough to get promoted, when actually in many ways (the approach of other teams against us) made it a hinderance. 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Saturday was always gonna be a hard game. Hopefully their captain Davies is still out as he seems a top player. 

We have to start well and play positive otherwise we could very well get beat, especially going by our previous few performances.

[/qutote] That is my worry. Our previous few performances league and cup. Our tactics have to be spot on and we have to have a go at them. If we don't we will pay the price but we are at home and have to prove to our support we are going through a blip. If we don't, it could be an interesting few weeks ahead.

I disagree - team size is completely irrelevant - it's the quality of the side that matters. For instance, if we were paired against Hibs in the cup, I'd expect us to win, because they have a poor side even if they are a 'big' club. County have a top quality side this season, and are at the absolute top of their game evidenced by tonight.

Falkirk are technically a bigger club than County, so their defeat tonight is inexplicable. Extremely naïve view to take just basing it on club size as there is numerous other factors. For example, County's budget definitely isn't in proportion with their size because they are bankrolled by Roy MacGregor, I'm not saying they have a larger or lower budget than ours - I'm just saying that going on club size isn't really a good way to go in terms of thinking who we should beat and who we shouldn't.

I get what you are saying guys and I appreciate that county's recent history has been a lot more stable than ours. However I still don't believe that county, both as a team and a club are of the calibre of "a points a good result" as yet.

If we aspire to be in the upper echelons of the league these are our bread and butter. Making excuses for mediocrity isn't a good thing IMO.

Ivan Drago, on 22 Sept 2015 - 9:47 PM, said:

I get what you are saying guys and I appreciate that county's recent history has been a lot more stable than ours. However I still don't believe that county, both as a team and a club are of the calibre of "a points a good result" as yet.

If we aspire to be in the upper echelons of the league these are our bread and butter. Making excuses for mediocrity isn't a good thing IMO.

It's not an excuse of mediocrity though, because I expect County to be a top 6 side this season, so them at the top of their game and us licking our wounds from last week means a point isn't the worst in the world. I'd hope we'd win every home game we play, but it doesn't work like that and County have been ripping sides apart in recent weeks so a point wouldn't be necessarily 'accepting mediocrity' in my opinion, it could be a good point in our hunt for a top 6 place.

It's not an excuse of mediocrity though, because I expect County to be a top 6 side this season, so them at the top of their game and us licking our wounds from last week means a point isn't the worst in the world. I'd hope we'd win every home game we play, but it doesn't work like that and County have been ripping sides apart in recent weeks so a point wouldn't be necessarily 'accepting mediocrity' in my opinion, it could be a good point in our hunt for a top 6 place.

Following on from some poor performances and an horrific result at the weekend we as a club need a win IMO. If that puts pressure on the players and manager to deliver then good.

Saying that dropped points at home to anyone but the top teams equate to good results is just something you will never convince me of. If we aspire to be a good team we need to put these games to bed. I'll admit It even sticks in my craw to admit away points to clubs like county constitute good results but I appreciate that's a bit daft.

blueboy, on 22 Sept 2015 - 9:52 PM, said:

Their confidence will be high so we have to make sure we score first early on or yes, it could be a long afternoon.

We've had great wins & been crap in next game so we can sort them out. When did we last beat them though?

At Dens - 2011 - when they were managed by McStay and they went out to maim Forsyth.

Following on from some poor performances and an horrific result at the weekend we as a club need a win IMO. If that puts pressure on the players and manager to deliver then good.

Saying that dropped points at home to anyone but the top teams equate to good results is just something you will never convince me of. If we aspire to be a good team we need to put these games to bed. I'll admit It even sticks in my craw to admit away points to clubs like county constitute good results but I appreciate that's a bit daft.

Ross County at the moment are a top team IMO.

This 7-0 result is the best thing that could have happened because I think the home support will see County as a real threat and so be more patient than usual, which means our players will be under less pressure to storm forward and take control of the game.

Adblock Detected