Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

County

offshoredee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Us fans are going to have a part to play on Saturday too with patience and support against a tough opponent in order to create a more positive atmosphere rather than the now pretty much usual silence and grumbling for non Dundee Derby games at Dens.

Too much to ask?

Possibly yes - our stadium does not help of course but hopefully with a wee boost of Dees in the Shanks it may help - wonder how many freebies have been taken up?

I disagree. Perhaps this a pointless conversation as I fully admit you will never change my mind on this but with the backing the yanks have given Ross County should not be so far ahead of us that we should be accepting a draw against them

I'll be at Dens on Saturday and I'll not be hoping for a draw, that's nonsense........if we lose or get a draw fair enough but going for a home win, defietest attitude to expect anything other.....its ross county!!!

Andy747k, on 22 Sept 2015 - 10:07 PM, said:

I'll be at Dens on Saturday and I'll not be hoping for a draw, that's nonsense........if we lose or get a draw fair enough but going for a home win, defietest attitude to expect anything other.....its ross county!!!

I don't think anyone will be hoping for a draw bud!

I disagree. Perhaps this a pointless conversation as I fully admit you will never change my mind on this but with the backing the yanks have given Ross County should not be so far ahead of us that we should be accepting a draw against them

I do think it is a pointless discussion Ivan, because you're talking about what should happen.

We're talking about what is likely to happen.

Hope you're right mate!

I'm of the same opinion as Ivan on this one.. Regardless of the fact that Ross County have a wealthy owner bank rolling them (good luck with that) and that they have been in the Premiership longer than us, I will always see them as a team we should be beating if we want to get to where we all believe we should be.

Despite current league positions, we will always be a bigger club than Ross County and we shouldn't be content with emerging from a game against them with a draw. The fact of the matter is that if we want to improve upon or league placing from last season, we should be putting Ross County to the sword at home. No doubt about it in my mind.

Big, big game for Hartley and the team on Saturday, I think we'll win.

I don't buy that at all and it's missing the point.

If we were playing Barca at Dens, I'd want a win and I'd be hoping for a win, but I'd be expecting a defeat (well, maybe a draw).

The way we set out against Celtic was criminal, because we were asking to get beat and that's unacceptable in my eyes. Dropping points to decent teams, well that happens, whether I like it or not (and I don't by the way!). 

I don't mean you specifically Andy, but it's this "we're better than that shyte" attitude that makes Dens such a hard place for us to play at, not the opposition. 

• Like 2

I'm of the same opinion as Ivan on this one.. Regardless of the fact that Ross County have a wealthy owner bank rolling them (good luck with that) and that they have been in the Premiership longer than us, I will always see them as a team we should be beating if we want to get to where we all believe we should be.

Despite current league positions, we will always be a bigger club than Ross County and we shouldn't be content with emerging from a game against them with a draw. The fact of the matter is that if we want to improve upon or league placing from last season, we should be putting Ross County to the sword at home. No doubt about it in my mind.

Big, big game for Hartley and the team on Saturday, I think we'll win.

Again, missing the point. There's not one guy on here suggesting they'd be "content" with a point, but that wouldn't make it a "bad" result.

Anyway, we're all saying the same thing in different ways! 

barkblue, on 22 Sept 2015 - 10:14 PM, said:

I don't buy that at all and it's missing the point.

If we were playing Barca at Dens, I'd want a win and I'd be hoping for a win, but I'd be expecting a defeat (well, maybe a draw).

The way we set out against Celtic was criminal, because we were asking to get beat and that's unacceptable in my eyes. Dropping points to decent teams, well that happens, whether I like it or not (and I don't by the way!). 

I don't mean you specifically Andy, but it's this "we're better than that shyte" attitude that makes Dens such a hard place for us to play at, not the opposition. 

Spot on bud, particularly your last line!

Adblock Detected