Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Celtic Performance Won’T Define Dundee’S Season, Insists Nick Ross

JoeCovenant

Dundee’s campaign won’t be defined by performances against Celtic, according to Nick Ross. 

Instead, the defiant midfielder reckons results against the likes of Saturday’s opponents Ross County will determine where the Dark Blues finish in the Scottish Premiership table come May. 

Paul Hartley’s men were given a footballing lesson by the Hoops on Sunday.   They were lucky to walk away from Parkhead with just the six goals against them.  But while Ross admits it was an embarrassing experience that brought the squad back down to earth with a bang, he doesn’t believe it will have a huge bearing on Dundee’s season in the grand scheme of things. 

â€œOur season is not going to be defined by the games we play against Celtic at Parkhead,†said the 23-year-old.  â€œIt’s definitely more about what we manage to do this weekend. Celtic will be right at the top of the division come the end of the season. It’s more likely teams like County will be around us, so that’s the type of game we need to be looking to win. 

â€œThe weekend was embarrassing for us but it’s one to move on from. We need to forget it pretty quickly and start looking forward again. On Saturday we are at home, so we need to take advantage of that. It’s the perfect chance for us to get our passing going and cause County all kind of problems.†

As far as games go, though, this weekend will not be easy. After pushing the boat out financially in the summer, County have also started the season well. 

“It’s not going to be an easy game,†admits Ross. â€œThey are absolutely flying at the moment. But it is the perfect chance for us to put in a performance, especially in front of our own fans. We have two home games coming up. We want to go into the next international break having put some points on the board.†

It’s only after that break, according to Ross, that a fair evaluation of Dundee’s progress can be made.  He continued:

“It’s been a solid start. I think we are doing alright. We started the season really well. All in all we have produced some good performances. It’s our job to make sure this last result doesn’t pop our bubble just when things have looked like clicking. We want to be in the top six at the end of the season. At the moment we are in there now. We have to try to make sure we stay there. We will know how well we have started the season after these two games.†

Reflecting on Sunday’s capitulation at Celtic Park, Ross, despite desperately wanting to move on from it, understands the fans’ frustrations with the manner of the defeat.  But he also knows Dundee are not the first and certainly won’t be the last team to take on Ronny Deila’s men this season and get handed out a hammering.

"They can do that to any team in the league,†said Ross. â€œWe really didn’t help ourselves, though. They played well but we were awful. But the manager has been beaten 9-0 there before from his time at Aberdeen. He knows first hand what it feels like. It wasn’t quite that bad, although it could have been. When they are on form sometimes you just can’t get out. It can seem like you’re playing on the biggest pitch possible. We have to forget about this though and move on.†

View the full article

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Dundee’s campaign won’t be defined by performances against Celtic, according to Nick Ross. 

Instead, the defiant midfielder reckons results against the likes of Saturday’s opponents Ross County will determine where the Dark Blues finish in the Scottish Premiership table come May. 

Paul Hartley’s men were given a footballing lesson by the Hoops on Sunday.   They were lucky to walk away from Parkhead with just the six goals against them.  But while Ross admits it was an embarrassing experience that brought the squad back down to earth with a bang, he doesn’t believe it will have a huge bearing on Dundee’s season in the grand scheme of things. 

â€œOur season is not going to be defined by the games we play against Celtic at Parkhead,†said the 23-year-old.  â€œIt’s definitely more about what we manage to do this weekend. Celtic will be right at the top of the division come the end of the season. It’s more likely teams like County will be around us, so that’s the type of game we need to be looking to win. 

â€œThe weekend was embarrassing for us but it’s one to move on from. We need to forget it pretty quickly and start looking forward again. On Saturday we are at home, so we need to take advantage of that. It’s the perfect chance for us to get our passing going and cause County all kind of problems.†

As far as games go, though, this weekend will not be easy. After pushing the boat out financially in the summer, County have also started the season well. 

“It’s not going to be an easy game,†admits Ross. â€œThey are absolutely flying at the moment. But it is the perfect chance for us to put in a performance, especially in front of our own fans. We have two home games coming up. We want to go into the next international break having put some points on the board.†

It’s only after that break, according to Ross, that a fair evaluation of Dundee’s progress can be made.  He continued:

“It’s been a solid start. I think we are doing alright. We started the season really well. All in all we have produced some good performances. It’s our job to make sure this last result doesn’t pop our bubble just when things have looked like clicking. We want to be in the top six at the end of the season. At the moment we are in there now. We have to try to make sure we stay there. We will know how well we have started the season after these two games.†

Reflecting on Sunday’s capitulation at Celtic Park, Ross, despite desperately wanting to move on from it, understands the fans’ frustrations with the manner of the defeat.  But he also knows Dundee are not the first and certainly won’t be the last team to take on Ronny Deila’s men this season and get handed out a hammering.

"They can do that to any team in the league,†said Ross. â€œWe really didn’t help ourselves, though. They played well but we were awful. But the manager has been beaten 9-0 there before from his time at Aberdeen. He knows first hand what it feels like. It wasn’t quite that bad, although it could have been. When they are on form sometimes you just can’t get out. It can seem like you’re playing on the biggest pitch possible. We have to forget about this though and move on.†

View the full article

Well it looks like "Oor Nick Ross" is no short o' a word or two.......

I am no' want to criticise him for that...(cause eh can blether on mehsel)...And I am aye going on aboot lack o communicatin fae the Club)

But let's hope all the players can turn awe these bonnie words intae some real physical and skilful action, when they get back on the park.

He spent more time in that interview bumming up Celtic and Ross County than talking about us. But mentioning a previous mauling PH had been involved in from Celtic was not what we wanted to hear. He should have kept it short and said they wanted to make amends for Sunday, with a good display against County. Or maybe he should have just shut up.

You know what - I'm over Sunday.  I wasn't there and didn't watch it live, so that probably made it a good deal less traumatic for me.

I agree with bits of what Nick Ross said there but I would've liked to have heard something a wee bit more personal like 'I was awful', not just 'we were awful'.  A wee personal touch wouldn't have gone amiss.

I'm a fifty-something, 3rd generation Dundee supporter and have been all my life, for as long as I can remember anyway.  My youngest lad isn't yet a teenager but I'm certain he will also be a Dundee supporter all his life, no matter where his life takes him.  You can just tell this by the way he swore at the TV when the Dabs went 2-1 up last night.

He said something to me on Sunday, around 5 O'clock and it was along the lines of 'that's just typical Dundee, isn't it?'  And you know what?, it is just that.  We already know this, don't we.  On one hand, we were going there expecting something good and at the same time we were also expecting just what happened to happen.  The punchline though is that because we are Dundee supporters we will back there on Saturday to see our heroes make amends.  That's what they are in reality, regardless if you are fifty-something or just eleven - our heroes.

So, Messrs Bain, McGinn, McPake, Konrad, Irvine, Ross, Thomson, Harkins, Low, Hemmings, Stewart, Loy, Healy, Calder, Extabeguren, Holt, Meggatt et al, remember you are our heroes , so I suggest that you go out there on Saturday and show us that you are worthy of the that name.

To the supporters - just go along and support your team.  If you are a habitual 'boo-er' then you go along and boo if you want - as long as there is something worth booing about.  If you are one of those that just boo for no reason, you're just making a tit of yourself.  You know who you are.

You know what - I'm over Sunday.  I wasn't there and didn't watch it live, so that probably made it a good deal less traumatic for me.

I agree with bits of what Nick Ross said there but I would've liked to have heard something a wee bit more personal like 'I was awful', not just 'we were awful'.  A wee personal touch wouldn't have gone amiss.

I'm a fifty-something, 3rd generation Dundee supporter and have been all my life, for as long as I can remember anyway.  My youngest lad isn't yet a teenager but I'm certain he will also be a Dundee supporter all his life, no matter where his life takes him.  You can just tell this by the way he swore at the TV when the Dabs went 2-1 up last night.

He said something to me on Sunday, around 5 O'clock and it was along the lines of 'that's just typical Dundee, isn't it?'  And you know what?, it is just that.  We already know this, don't we.  On one hand, we were going there expecting something good and at the same time we were also expecting just what happened to happen.  The punchline though is that because we are Dundee supporters we will back there on Saturday to see our heroes make amends.  That's what they are in reality, regardless if you are fifty-something or just eleven - our heroes.

So, Messrs Bain, McGinn, McPake, Konrad, Irvine, Ross, Thomson, Harkins, Low, Hemmings, Stewart, Loy, Healy, Calder, Extabeguren, Holt, Meggatt et al, remember you are our heroes , so I suggest that you go out there on Saturday and show us that you are worthy of the that name.

To the supporters - just go along and support your team.  If you are a habitual 'boo-er' then you go along and boo if you want - as long as there is something worth booing about.  If you are one of those that just boo for no reason, you're just making a tit of yourself.  You know who you are.

Great Post Attilio ..... And I like your attitude, and your son's, and your past family....RESPECT.

I was not at the game at the weekend, but I did watch the Celtic Stream. Combined with the Celtic commentary (comments) it was not a good experience.

Posters on our forum have (quite rightly) made their thoughts known. In the main, the game/ payers/ manager was well, and justifiably criticised, but at least for now anyway, I am leaving all that behind me.

"So, Messrs Bain, McGinn, McPake, Konrad, Irvine, Ross, Thomson, Harkins, Low, Hemmings, Stewart, Loy, Healy, Calder, Extabeguren, Holt, Meggatt et al, remember you are our heroes , so I suggest that you go out there on Saturday and show us that you are worthy of the that name".... as you see I have taken that comment from your post.

Are the days of pride, loyalty, hero worship of DFC players long gone ?    I certainly hope not.

Dundee FC are a Great Club. With a Great History and Tradition Great Loyal Fans/Supporters.

What goes on, on the park, and with the supporters on the terracing will tell us what lies ahead.

"C'mon the DEE"

It might not define our season but I might define what the fans think of the players who embarrassed us at Parkhead. 

We weren't just taught a footballing lesson. We were taught a lesson in pride, desire, belief, determination and organisation.

If these players can't be trusted to wear our jersey without collapsing to a potentially record defeat, that's something we need to worry about for the rest of the season.

Adblock Detected