Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Jamie Robson - Dundee Utd Ex Dee

ooossshhhttt!

17 year old Jamie Robson makes his debut for Dundee Utd last night against Dunfermline and hearing good reports he played well.

Another that has left Dundee as a youth to go over the road.

Shame we cant keep a hold of these players and goes to show they must be doing something right over the road where we seem to be failing.    

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, I think he only left the club during the second admin (5 years ago now) so it's not really a reflection of how we are doing now. We're a few years away from being in a position to properly judge how well we're doing with that side of things.

It's hard to tell how things are going as it's always the case that the news that travels from youth teams is predominantly (since parents generally take a critical approach on how their kids are being developed and are likely to see the negative individual aspects rather than have the opportunity to form a more cohesive vision).

One thing I've noticed from the older side of things (17s and 20s) is that since Hartley has come in, it seems that players are being released a bit earlier and we're being more specific when handing out full time contracts. A few years ago, we seemed to have a large under 19 squad every year and release almost every single one of them. I suppose it's smarter (although will feel harsh on the players but they might be better in the long run) to be trying to concentrate their efforts on players that they think have potential to move into the senior game rather than just sign players to make up the numbers. The downside to that is that we've got an unbalanced development squad but I'd think that it will sort itself out after a year or two as players progress up through the ranks.

To be fair, I think he only left the club during the second admin (5 years ago now) so it's not really a reflection of how we are doing now. We're a few years away from being in a position to properly judge how well we're doing with that side of things.

It's hard to tell how things are going as it's always the case that the news that travels from youth teams is predominantly (since parents generally take a critical approach on how their kids are being developed and are likely to see the negative individual aspects rather than have the opportunity to form a more cohesive vision).

One thing I've noticed from the older side of things (17s and 20s) is that since Hartley has come in, it seems that players are being released a bit earlier and we're being more specific when handing out full time contracts. A few years ago, we seemed to have a large under 19 squad every year and release almost every single one of them. I suppose it's smarter (although will feel harsh on the players but they might be better in the long run) to be trying to concentrate their efforts on players that they think have potential to move into the senior game rather than just sign players to make up the numbers. The downside to that is that we've got an unbalanced development squad but I'd think that it will sort itself out after a year or two as players progress up through the ranks.

You are correct, he did leave when the first admin.

Just stating that across the road may be the best place to develop your football if you have the option of both 

Regarding handing out full time contracts,  there may have been mistakes made again only last year as i have noticed 15 year old players still at school getting game time at under 20s whereas some of the full time under 20s, being paid by DFC, are not playing. 

We may still be jumping the gun and handing out full time contracts to some players not in the plans if this is happening.  Cant see this as moving forward. 

Edited by ooossshhhttt!

You are correct, he did leave when the first admin.

Just stating that across the road may be the best place to develop your football if you have the option of both 

Regarding handing out full time contracts,  there may have been mistakes made again only last year as i have noticed 15 year old players still at school getting game time at under 20s whereas some of the full time under 20s, being paid by DFC, are not playing. 

We may still be jumping the gun and handing out full time contracts to some players not in the plans if this is happening.  Cant see this as moving forward. 

I think (although not positive) Bomber gave out two year contracts out to some players in the summer of 2013 (Brodie, Allan, Sivewright, Davidson, Colquhoun, Carberry and Cameron) so there might have been players kicking around with another year on their deal who the management team were still not keen on. From what I can work out, the whole under 20s squad listed on the website were signed (given contracts) since Hartley and Johnson have arrived.

I can't see any player that has been missing with an unexplained absence this season (I think Cammy Black and Sean Gallagher have had injury problems but not sure).

EDIT: What absentees have you noticed?

Edited by harry94

I think (although not positive) Bomber gave out two year contracts out to some players in the summer of 2013 (Brodie, Allan, Sivewright, Davidson, Colquhoun, Carberry and Cameron) so there might have been players kicking around with another year on their deal who the management team were still not keen on. From what I can work out, the whole under 20s squad listed on the website were signed (given contracts) since Hartley and Johnson have arrived.

I can't see any player that has been missing with an unexplained absence this season (I think Cammy Black and Sean Gallagher have had injury problems but not sure).

EDIT: What absentees have you noticed?

Saw cammy Black playing for Tayport so dont think he is injured.

Has Warwick, Wadell, John Black, Ryan Shaw  featured much, as 3 of them are still in their first year and were given contracts by Hartley and Johnson

Saw cammy Black playing for Tayport so dont think he is injured.

Has Warwick, Wadell, John Black, Ryan Shaw  featured much, as 3 of them are still in their first year and were given contracts by Hartley and Johnson

Not sure what the story is there then. Warwick, Waddell and Black played 90 minutes on Sunday in the cup match while Shaw was a late sub. Warwick and Waddell are a bit younger than our other defenders (Priest and Allan as first choice) while Black and Shaw are also younger than the players in their position (Curran, Colquhoun and Carrerio) so get less game time.

You would imagine that they play a few bounce games to give game time to everyone.

Edited by harry94

Adblock Detected