Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Fans Rep / Dfcss / Dfc

DFCSS Rep

Morning,

Please see below my resignation letter from the DFC board. This has been waiting almost 2 months to be put up on the DFCSS website and we still wait.

I did stay on the DFCSS to help with a EGM regarding new members on the society board. Due to a lack of action within the society, I have now left them.

The relationship between the club and society has broken down over the past few months and I felt it was time to stand down to allow a new local rep to join the club board. No one on the current society board is interested in the fans rep position, thus the EGM for new members but after 2 months nothing has moved forward.

I would suggest, the society in its current form does not work and needs a total re-think going forward.
One of the main issues is the £10's of thousands sitting in the society account doing nothing. I have been asking for months for a % to be handed over to the club but a big NO.

The current society board needs help, so if anyone is interested or would like more info please feel free to Private Message me on this website.

...............................................................................................................................................................................

Dear John,

Resignation from position of Director of Dundee Football Club

I am sorry to say that I would like you to accept this letter as my resignation from position of Director on Dundee Football Club
I have given this some careful consideration and although I am very sad to be leaving Dundee Football Club, I feel that this is the right time for me to move on.

I am very grateful for the experience that you all have given me over the past two year and I have learnt a great deal during this time. I hope to be able to continue to use these experiences in a future role and for that I would like to say thank you.

Dundee Football Club is a fantastic club, the staff, management and everyone supporting the club work very well together and I wish you all well for the future.

Thank you for giving me this opportunity.

Best Wishes for the future.
Yours sincerely

Colin Reid

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Thanks for confirming the position Colin. I would agree that the DFCSS needs a total revamp and a decision to be taken on what its objectives are to be going forward.

It is clear that FPS don't want the DFCSS to help run the club and will continue to run it as they see fit. Not quite how they sold it to the fans when they were looking to takeover but we are where we are now and to be fair, from the outside, it appears that FPS are running the club well and professionally. I think for now the DFCSS should take a step back from attempting to be involved with decision making at the club. There efforts should be on fund raising solely right now.

I'm not sure I would agree that the funds held in the DFCSS account should be handed over to the club to spend how they please. In my opinion these funds should be kept as a rainy day fund for such a time where we (*** forbid) are in financial difficulty again or to be used for a very specific project (purchase of Dens Park for example). What I wouldn't want is that money to just be handed over to the club who then end up spending it on the wages of a Stephen McGinn type player for six months. There should be more long term thinking than that. The funds DFCSS hold "doing nothing" is exactly what they should be doing and ways thought of to add to them.

Thanks for confirming the position Colin. I would agree that the DFCSS needs a total revamp and a decision to be taken on what its objectives are to be going forward.

It is clear that FPS don't want the DFCSS to help run the club and will continue to run it as they see fit. Not quite how they sold it to the fans when they were looking to takeover but we are where we are now and to be fair, from the outside, it appears that FPS are running the club well and professionally. I think for now the DFCSS should take a step back from attempting to be involved with decision making at the club. There efforts should be on fund raising solely right now.

I'm not sure I would agree that the funds held in the DFCSS account should be handed over to the club to spend how they please. In my opinion these funds should be kept as a rainy day fund for such a time where we (*** forbid) are in financial difficulty again or to be used for a very specific project (purchase of Dens Park for example). What I wouldn't want is that money to just be handed over to the club who then end up spending it on the wages of a Stephen McGinn type player for six months. There should be more long term thinking than that. The funds DFCSS hold "doing nothing" is exactly what they should be doing and ways thought of to add to them.

Not sure, but reading Colin's statement I would say that the breakdown is a two way here. Both the club and DFCSS really need to sit down and sort this out for once and all, as the only ones that end up in the middle and getting hurt, is the fans.

Time to sort it out lads.

Don't think DFCSS should do anything other than try to hold a meeting to discuss the future. Get ideas from the members and then see where it takes us. If Islay is correct the shareholding of DFC that DFCSS owns has to be given to a trust or similar body whose aim is to support DFC. it can't be sold or bought out by the majority shareholders. I may be wrong in my interpretation of the rules, so it would be worthwhile having this confirmed.

come on colin, tell the folk your concerns about being left in the loop about ticket / gate prices, not being invited to meetings, Nelms wages, ect, i have seen the email.

Maybe it's been decided that criticisms of the club are best not put out to the wider support as it might make the split between club and society even worse.

Adblock Detected