Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Jr Was Spot On...

HK Blues

No, not the guy with the big hat from Dallas...the wee guy from Hearts, John Robertson. I'll never forget him saying we were the worst supporters in the world (maybe he said Scotland but let's add some spice). And now that I'm sitting geographicaly isolated i can see what he means, up to a point. We're more than holding our own in the top league, playing some good stuff in most games...and looking up rather than down which is always a good sign! We have had 1 bad result in the league thus far...against the champs elect so can forgive. If you'd prefer to swap places with another fan on the city I'm sure you'd find plenty volunteers. Yep, some bumps in the road but the road is at least visible...rewind 2 or 3 seasons. Keep up the high expectations, but remember where we could be but for that last gasp save in the last game of season before last. Just saying...

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

No, not the guy with the big hat from Dallas...the wee guy from Hearts, John Robertson. I'll never forget him saying we were the worst supporters in the world (maybe he said Scotland but let's add some spice). And now that I'm sitting geographicaly isolated i can see what he means, up to a point. We're more than holding our own in the top league, playing some good stuff in most games...and looking up rather than down which is always a good sign! We have had 1 bad result in the league thus far...against the champs elect so can forgive. If you'd prefer to swap places with another fan on the city I'm sure you'd find plenty volunteers. Yep, some bumps in the road but the road is at least visible...rewind 2 or 3 seasons. Keep up the high expectations, but remember where we could be but for that last gasp save in the last game of season before last. Just saying...

Playing some good stuff in most games? Other than the Killie game and one half each against United and Hearts, we have been dire to watch IMO. Saturday was a bit better, but it's the first time we have looked creative at all since the Derby over a month ago.

Playing some good stuff in most games? Other than the Killie game and one half each against United and Hearts, we have been dire to watch IMO. Saturday was a bit better, but it's the first time we have looked creative at all since the Derby over a month ago.

I get why people are annoyed but we are still consolidating in this league - a lot of teams survive the year only to plummet again the following season. We look to be avoiding that after a huge summer of upheaval personnel wise.

We all want to see great football but at the end of the day I'd rather see us play horrifically and pick up points than play great football and lose. I am well aware that the 2 are not mutually exclusive but we are not at the level yet where we can expect to play well and blow teams away every week.

I often comment after playing the farmers how I would hate being a fan of them as they play horrific football - even at our worst we struggle to compare with their turgid style of football, but then I see their consistent top 6 finishes, European ties and shiny Scottish cup and I wonder if I'd compromise on my values.....

I would.

We've struggled with injuries and we've been playing against some very cynical sides so the football has been poor to watch at times. I'm not too bothered though as it's a critical time in the season when clubs can be drawn into a season-long battle for survival. We need points on the board more than attractive football.

In our defence, we do at least have good players who try to play decent football. It's not as if we're a bunch of cloggers looking to kill the game as a spectacle like some of the teams in this league.

I get why people are annoyed but we are still consolidating in this league - a lot of teams survive the year only to plummet again the following season. We look to be avoiding that after a huge summer of upheaval personnel wise.

We all want to see great football but at the end of the day I'd rather see us play horrifically and pick up points than play great football and lose. I am well aware that the 2 are not mutually exclusive but we are not at the level yet where we can expect to play well and blow teams away every week.

I often comment after playing the farmers how I would hate being a fan of them as they play horrific football - even at our worst we struggle to compare with their turgid style of football, but then I see their consistent top 6 finishes, European ties and shiny Scottish cup and I wonder if I'd compromise on my values.....

I would.

Difference is though that St Johnstone last season (not so much this) were winning regularly and were far more consistent despite being awful to watch. I'd happily watch a team that is poor on the eye if they were more effective at picking up results.

I'm not intentionally being overly negative btw. Just a bit frustrated at the moment because I think we have the pieces of the jigsaw to be a very good team (I don't think top 4 is beyond this squad of players) but Hartley is just struggling a bit to fit the pieces together in the right order to complete the jigsaw.

I realise he is still learning but it's a bit frustrating because there is a really good side in amongst that squad of players and I just don't think we are fulfilling our full potential at the moment.

Edited by Mr Gandosaur

Difference is though that St Johnstone last season (not so much this) were winning regularly and were far more consistent despite being awful to watch. I'd happily watch a team that is poor on the eye if they were more effective at picking up results.

We are currently better at picking up results than 6 other teams in the league - that's good enough for me at the minute after a first round of fixtues with a new-ish squad.

My aspirations this season are a European place and a cup run. My expectation is a top 6 finish. I will be satisfied if a little disappointed with 7th place. 8th - 10th and I'll be concerned but glad to be in the league again next year. At this point in time I'd say we are looking at meeting expectation.

Maybe I'm not ambitious enough for some but I am willing to be patient and build properly considering our failures in the past and where we are coming from.

I know you are not being deliberately negative - I've seen you post enough here and elsewhere to know that's not your nature. I'm frustrated as well but I'm personally happy enough with the bigger picture to keep me from boiling over at the moment.

Edited by Deefiant

It wisnae quiet when the boos rang out in the Derry at halftime Joe, shocking way to support your own team, had a bit of a rant at the booers in the first half myself but to no avail.

So to all you f*****s that booed yir own team BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to you.

I'm not intentionally being overly negative btw. Just a bit frustrated at the moment because I think we have the pieces of the jigsaw to be a very good team (I don't think top 4 is beyond this squad of players) but Hartley is just struggling a bit to fit the pieces together in the right order to complete the jigsaw.

I realise he is still learning but it's a bit frustrating because there is a really good side in amongst that squad of players and I just don't think we are fulfilling our full potential at the moment.

I think that is a reasonable point you make there Mr G...... and I don't think you are being overly negative.

The Celtic result was a hard one to take for all of us and it was no surprising we all felt negative after that.

Sometimes we all need a day or two to get over a bad game. That one needed a couple of weeks for me.

There was enough fighting spirit against RC, even tho' we didnae get awe the points, to gie us some hope.

If we can do the business against Motherwell, maybe that will add another piece tae the jigsaw. Hope so.

Seek o this - hink back to admin days mentality , we`re never gonna move forward as a club with this mentality.

Think the fustrating part is we can all see that bar sheep n tims (maybe hearts) we should be striving for more that this is our best chance to do something special like good form in league or a cup run - so far we`ve done neither , we`ve kinda just humed n hawed through this season.

We should be going to tannadump earlier and beating them as that was / is a very awful DAB side (wont lie that i was going equelly mental at late goal but things like this we should be doing to give us a kinda special season in realistic terms)

Can always accept defeats at parkhead and pitroddrie but its the manner of the defeats we took - wasnt at parkhead but at aberdeen we where as flat as could be.

Im not only one who thinks this - look at our crowd noise levels - the dullness on the park is having an effect on us.

TBH i really dont see much in our side

Im not unrealistic either im not expecting really top 2/3 - a sucsess in most dees eyes is beating a crap DAB side , a run in a cup and winning most weeks.

I think PH budget at start of season should have awarded him this esp given that i cant remember such a poor spl and honestly we`re just a so so side.
Bottom line - i think we should be demading more than we`re getting

Adblock Detected