Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Preview Thread - Motherwell Home 03/10/15

Boba Fett

Dundee welcome managerless Motherwell to Dens this weekend for the two clubs first clash of the season. The Dee should be in reasonably buoyant mood after righting an array of first half wrongs to fight back and snatch a dramatic 3-3 draw with high-flying Ross County in their last game.

Manager Paul Hartley would have been delighted with the tenacity and determination on display from his players to fight back from 3-1 down, however he will no doubt be ruing the fact that yet again; his team gave themselves a mountain to climb with a string of defensive lapses to allow the Staggies to get into such a commanding first half lead in the first place. 

Defensive concerns aside, confidence should be restored amongst the Dark Blues squad and with no new reported injury concerns after Saturdays game, Paul Hartley will have a strong squad to pick from for the visit of the Steelmen. Ongoing injury concerns for Dundee include- Kosta Gadzhalov (shoulder), Nicky Low (illness) and Paul McGowan (foot injury).

Motherwell are coming into the game with U’20’s coach Stephen Craigan in temporary charge of first team affairs after the club parted company with manager Iain Baraclough on Wednesday 23rd September. His departure was in the wake of a League Cup exit at the hands of Jim Duffy’s Greenock Morton and after what had been a poor start to their Premiership league campaign.

Craigan made the perfect start to his tenure as caretaker manager with a 2-1 home victory over bottom of the league Partick Thistle on Saturday. The home side hung on to take all three points after a second half barrage from Thistle with most in attendance acknowledging that the visitors performance was worthy of a point.

Game Details:

Competition: Ladbrokes SPFL Premiership

Venue: Dens Park Stadium

Date: Saturday 3rd October 2015

Kick Off: 15:00 (3.00pm)

Ticket Prices:

Fans are reminded that the South Enclosure and Bobby Cox Stand's are admission by ticket only. Cash turnstiles will be in operation at the Main Stand.

Category B prices apply for this match. Full details can be found at:

www.dundeefc.co.uk

Stats Vs Motherwell

This will be the 223rd meeting of Dundee and Motherwell.

The Dee come out on top in the head to head stats and the Dark Blues won all three of the two clubs meetings last season.

League:

Dundee wins:         87

Motherwell wins:    65

Draws:                   39

Scottish Cup:

Dundee wins:         5

Motherwell wins:    4

Draws:                   1

League Cup:

Dundee wins:        11

Motherwell wins:    9

Draws:                   1

Last Seasons Results:

Sat 18th Oct 2014  Motherwell 1 – 3 Dundee

Sat 10th Jan 2015  Dundee 4 – 1 Motherwell

Sat 21st Feb 2015  Motherwell 0 – 1 Dundee

Last game:

https://youtu.be/vXMtcaLv-IM

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Any thoughts on our starting line up for Saturday?

I would probably go for something like:

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Boba .... I really like the look o' that team you have put up there.

Is it my imagination, or is the team starting to have a settled look aboot it ?

If we can turn it on against Motherwell, I might just start believing, we could be on oor way :)

Boba .... I really like the look o' that team you have put up there.

Is it my imagination, or is the team starting to have a settled look aboot it ?

If we can turn it on against Motherwell, I might just start believing, we could be on oor way :)

It's maybe because KT has played four league games on the bounce Gedee. If he's fighting for for Saturday that'll be five in a row :)

It's maybe because KT has played four league games on the bounce Gedee. If he's fighting for for Saturday that'll be five in a row :)

Aye Boba you've probably put your finger right on it there. So let's hope the man is fighting fit for Saturday .... a bit o' class goes a long, long, way.

KT has started 7 games already. Last season it took him until Christmas to make 7 starts.

Yeah.. signs of improvement are there. Maybe PH has finally cracked how to handle him in training?

Having said that.. I don't think he's been as influential yet this season as he was in some games last season.

Yeah.. signs of improvement are there. Maybe PH has finally cracked how to handle him in training?

Having said that.. I don't think he's been as influential yet this season as he was in some games last season.

I think Hartley cracked it at the start of this year. He's not had a significant injury setback in 2015.

Maybe the key is that he looks better and plays better when he isn't starting every week.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

Adblock Detected