Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Mcginn

Spiritof62

Time after time he runs away from the guy he is marking.

For the first goal on Saturday the RC player slightly dipped his shoulder and immediately McGinn was 3 yards inside and away from the guy and Bain should have done better with the shot.

It's was so bad as to be farcical, he should have shown the guy the outside.

I have lost count the number of times he has done the same thing this season, it's time he learnt from his many mistakes.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time after time he runs away from the guy he is marking.

For the first goal on Saturday the RC player slightly dipped his shoulder and immediately McGinn was 3 yards inside and away from the guy and Bain should have done better with the shot.

It's was so bad as to be farcical, he should have shown the guy the outside.

I have lost count the number of times he has done the same thing this season, it's time he learnt from his many mistakes.

He did show him outside for the first goal. He showed him down the line, onto his weaker foot. That wasn't the issue, the issue was he was caught flat footed and was done by the quick change of pace. I'd say that's better forward play than poor defending. Would you rather he showed him inside onto his right foot?!

McGinn is partly at fault for the first goal. So is Calder for a terrible ball in. So is Thomson for diving in and allowing Irvine to skip past him. So is Holt for not getting across and helping McGinn when he was left isolated one-on-one with Boyce. There was a lot more wrong with the first goal than you're suggesting.

Edit - also think Bain could have done better.

Edited by an-dee

McGinn was at fault for the first goal. Other than that he had an excellent game. If he starts being at fault for goals on a regular basis then he should get dropped. Other than that best right back at the club.

I think we're being harsh on Boyce claiming it's a defensive error. Yes, he gets caught on his heels, but the change of pace to get the ball out of his feet and hitting an early shot, low, with pace into the corner is good attacking play is it not?

If Stewart does that at the other end, most on here would consider that good forward play rather than poor defending.

I think we're being harsh on Boyce claiming it's a defensive error. Yes, he gets caught on his heels, but the change of pace to get the ball out of his feet and hitting an early shot, low, with pace into the corner is good attacking play is it not?

If Stewart does that at the other end, most on here would consider that good forward play rather than poor defending.

Maybe your right but at the time and then again on the highlights it doesn't look like good defending from McGinn.  Seemed to sell himself and be caught very flat footed at the same time.   Good player though imo - will not make many mistakes like that.

Too soft at the 1st goal, he should've took man and ball. Boyce should've been challenged outside the box instead of him running 10 yards into our box before going near him. There's showing a player onto a side out wide. You don't let him have a shot on his weaker side about 12 yards out.

Edited by Pablothedee

I think the lad Boyce done well for the goal on Sat, took his man on and beat him all ends up and finished well, although i think Bain should have done better.

Saying all that we need to get a little more cynical at times, i would have chopped Jackson Irvine as soon as he crossed the halfway line  and took a booking, no way should he have been allowed to carry the ball so far, a clever foul to stop the play is needed at times, we hardly do this we need to get a lot more streetwise.

Edited by thegen65

Thegen it happened against us about a minute before the 1st County goal. I think it was Greg Stewart who beat his man in a good position and the county player took the legs from him allowing the rest of their team to get back and defend the freekick.

The next county attack we back off until their in our box then we're 1 nil down.

Edited by Pablothedee

Thegen it happened against us about a minute before the 1st County goal. I think it was Greg Stewart who beat his man in a good position and the county player took the legs from him allowing the rest of their team to get back and defend the freekick.

The next county attack we back off until their in our box then we're 1 nil down.

Yes Pablo i think you are right, other teams have no qualms about committing fouls in the right areas and risking yellow cards, take one for the team i think the term is, i am not advocating we go out and kick lumps out our opponents but a cute wee foul to disrupt the flow of play towards your goal is sometimes a good tactic.

Adblock Detected