Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

What Is The Point Of Dundee United?

Cobra

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I gave up before the end of the article, more Record pish, I'm not weakening towards our neighbours but while they're going through a shitty patch, despite what the Record say, they are having a bit of a cheap pop at the DAB's. :lol2: Just trying to be contentious for the sake of it, horrible paper (if you can call it that) trying to score cheap headlines. If I was asked to pick which I disliked most between the DAB's and the Daily Record, I'd have to go with the Record.

Lots of truth in that article as well though.. There's no way that Granville will be prioritising on the pitch success over recouping his families investment and paying back the "United minded lenders" they have queuing up..

As pointed out in that piece, he outlined his priorities very clearly before their League Cup Final. One way ticket to a land down under soon enough me thinks..

Wonder if Dave Bowman has them focused and raring to go for their relegation battle with Partick Thistle this weekend? :lol2:

Whatever your thoughts are on the Daily Ranger, it certainly doesn't make for comfortable reading for them.

Agree with this. You'd have thought that prior to selling their top players to Celtic the club did have ambitions to star on the football pitch and win things. After that you got the feeling that they were more worried about money and somehow that sea change of perception has caused them no end of bother.

Getting things right on the pitch is the only reason for running a football club. How you do it involves careful use of resources etc but taking actions that damage the playing side isn't a strategy that any fan would want to see.

The movements of the Terrible Two-Some, and Biter kinda says it all.

The core of their team was ripped out.

I've no doubt the outcome of this was forecast by their own support, let alone our incredulity at the madness of it.

What other conclusion can you come to other than "We wanted the money"...?

I don't think the supporters were all that enthused with the Terrible Two some before they were sold. I remember reading several threads on United Mad where there was considerable discontent with the lack of effort being shown by them and the Turk came in for a fair degree of criticism too. I think United were genuinely amazed at the reaction of the fans, and didn't think that selling those two, in particular, would have any repercussions at all. Perhaps their decision making was flawed and they were badly advised by their manager.

I do not believe that if the current state they are in was presented to their board as the probable outcome from selling these two, that they would have made the same decision. You'd think that the manager must have reassured their board that there were adequate replacements in the current squad and that would be the deciding factor.

Adblock Detected