Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Gerry Creaney

Wattie Rojas

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I can't comment on Gerry's coaching ability or how the kids are progressing because I don't see them play

but one of the key things I'm sure the head of academy needs is good organisation skills and on Wednesday I photographed the academy kids - I've done it three or four times before and it's never been satisfactory - this time was different.

Gerry phoned me in the morning and told me exactly what he wanted, and that it would take an hour (having done crowds of our kids before I was dubious about his predicted timing) - when i arrived at Dens he had the kids getting their shirts on - every kid was meant to turn up in blue away shorts and socks but invariably there's a couple who forget - he had spare kit for those who had done that.

Previous years have seen me turn up only to be told that we can't go on the pitch because it's been sprayed or similar - he'd sorted pitch access.

We did a couple of shots of team groups - one with sponsor - one without - then did individual head shots of the whole team - while I was doing those he had the next team group set up - whole thing went seamlessly including the final photo of all the kids and coaches in the Bobby Cox.

Night and day better organisation than anything I'd been involved with featuring our younger teams previously.

We managed to make the pictures similar to those we take of the first team and under 20s at the start of the season, which is the whole aim - and we did it in 55 minutes.

Here's the pics http://davidyoung.photoshelter.com/gallery/Dundee-FC-Academy-2015-16/G0000t_57rTAkQ1E/

Some stunning pics there David ......

Although I can see why you might have been a wee bit apprehensive aboot the time allowed etc, considering the numbers and their ages, if the smile on their faces is anything to go by, it seems a good time was had by all of them. Very smart and looks like a very professional operation

Big Thanks due to all of you. But I think the biggestt thanks, should maybe go to the kids.

Anyway, Weel Done Again David ...... Very Professional. :)

Some stunning pics there David ......

Although I can see why you might have been a wee bit apprehensive aboot the time allowed etc, considering the numbers and their ages, if the smile on their faces is anything to go by, it seems a good time was had by all of them. Very smart and looks like a very professional operation

Big Thanks due to all of you. But I think the biggestt thanks, should maybe go to the kids.

Anyway, Weel Done Again David ...... Very Professional. :)

Organising kids is like herding cats - that's what impressed me most about how Gerry did it the other night and it was very different from previous years - the kids were wee stars too

I've posted on this issue before that maybe all wasn't as bad as was being painted at the time when Creaney and youth set up were getting a bit of a hard time.

I know the parents of 3 kids involved in our under age teams and they all said similar things about how much their kids enjoyed it at Dundee. 1 of the kids was poached from the dabs and his dad said the treatment of the kids is 1st class and better than anything he had at the filth for 4 years. He said the quality of the coaching his young lad was receiving was excellent and that the way they were being instructed to play the game was all short passing stuff, 2 touch, ball on the ground trying to get everything done at pace whereas whilst at Utd as soon as they turned to 11 a side they were instructed to launch the ball from back to front into the corners. He also said the amount of kit his son was coming home with was unreal and that he'd never had anything like that at Utd. The training methods took a wee while to be implemented apparently but you can start to see big improvements in the kids play.

The kit was delayed at the start of the season but the club had told the youngsters of this problem well in advance and it wasn't an issue as they were asked took keep their old kit until the new stuff arrived.

Edited by Pablothedee

I've posted on this issue before that maybe all wasn't as bad as was being painted at the time when Creaney and youth set up were getting a bit of a hard time.

I know the parents of 3 kids involved in our under age teams and they all said similar things about how much their kids enjoyed it at Dundee. 1 of the kids was poached from the dabs and his dad said the treatment of the kids is 1st class and better than anything he had at the filth for 4 years. He said the quality of the coaching his young lad was receiving was excellent and that the way they were being instructed to play the game was all short passing stuff, 2 touch, ball on the ground trying to get everything done at pace whereas whilst at Utd as soon as they turned to 11 a side they were instructed to launch the ball from back to front into the corners. He also said the amount of kit his son was coming home with was unreal and that he'd never had anything like that at Utd. The training methods took a wee while to be implemented apparently but you can start to see big improvements in the kids play.

The kit was delayed at the start of the season but the club had told the youngsters of this problem well in advance and it wasn't an issue as they were asked took keep their old kit until the new stuff arrived.

It really is cheering to hear/read, some positive, happy news, on a forum. And your post above (along with the comments from other posters) seems to fit the bill nicely Pablo. There has to be some realism in a forum, which means ..... no every bit o news, or every post, is going to cheer us up.

Maybe all this blue sky and sunshine is giving me a false impression, but I am finding the posts on here lately and TDB forum in general, is no only warming my heart, but making me feel a happy man.......What a Great Forum This Is :)

So good luck tae awe the young lads above and guid luck tae the "aulder lads" the morn .....Do the Business .... C'mon the DEE  :) 

Adblock Detected