Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

What Did Dundee Utd. Do To Remember The 7000 Black Watch That Died 100 Years Ago ?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

A bit disrespectf imo, it was the City of Dundee that was paying tribute to Our Boys of the Black Watch gallantry of 100 years ago ...

And done perfectly imo, well done to the good folk of Dundee.

If you've got nothing to do of an afternoon, take a trip up to Dalhousie Castle. Really easy to get to, good parking and an excellent museum.

http://www.theblackwatch.co.uk/index/balhousie-castle

Edited by Gnasher

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the pupils in the Perth Academy for the last few months have been doing memorial services for former pupils of the school that were killed in the First World War. Although they only take about ten minutes, they pick a name out of a long list, find out about the person...age,where he lived, family ties etc. Two flags which were donated to the school are raised at the side of the memorial plaque in the main hall usually followed by a minutes silence and a prayer. I try to attend as often as I can as the research done and the effort shown by the kids is impressive.

Some of the pupils in the Perth Academy for the last few months have been doing memorial services for former pupils of the school that were killed in the First World War. Although they only take about ten minutes, they pick a name out of a long list, find out about the person...age,where he lived, family ties etc. Two flags which were donated to the school are raised at the side of the memorial plaque in the main hall usually followed by a minutes silence and a prayer. I try to attend as often as I can as the research done and the effort shown by the kids is impressive.

An excellent idea by the school and I wonder how many Dundee schools did the same? My lad at Monifieth High knows the square root of phuck all about it. Quote- 'we're doing the 2nd WW at the moment'. Curriculum or nothing.

Adblock Detected