Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

It's Inevitable.

Spiritof62

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

He's obviously told to do it or Hartley would be going daft.it's clear from the positions the two centre halves take up when he gets it that's what Hartley wants them to do.unfortunately konrad is hopeless on the ball and he ends up putting us under pressure as he is scared to just clear it if he is getting closed down

He's obviously told to do it, it gives me the fear and play like that has seen us being caught out a couple of times. I think the reasoning behind it is it pulls an opposition player out of position and creates space but we're not quick enough to play out from the back to make use of it.

It's only used when Thomson is on the park really.

Centre halfs split, thommo drops deep and collects it.

Problem is some teams (Utd last season, Motherwell on sat) commit a man to press and it leads to Thomson having to pass back to Bain anyway. Waste of time if the opposition are countering it.

I agree it's frustrating to see short kick out's to full backs who have players pressing but It's the right way to play the game imo.

I'd rather see us retain the ball under pressure than hooof it away everytime but we need to be carefull as well because most teams are quick to catch on and press.

If he was to kick it away up the park everytime I recon we would lose the ball more often than not, probably due to lack of height up front other than Hemmings.  

Complaining about the team actually attempting to play football?

Don't understand this notion that fannying about with it in your own area is "playing football". It's okay if you're stroking it about with forward, incisive passes that create openings, but needlessly playing sidewards passes between the keeper and back line is dangerous and makes us look slow and laboured at times.

Adblock Detected