Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Rate Our New Signings

Wattie Rojas

Mitchell obviously hasn't had a chance yet to rate him.

Julen really looks the part, especially given his lack of experience and I fully expect him to get even better.

Meggatt has hardly played but he looks pretty tough and I think there are certain games where his style will suit.

Holt is coming onto a game imo and I think he too will get better as he gets more experienced.

Low's season has been blighted by injury and must be a bit disappointed with his start.

Calder has had a really good start to his Dee career. Gives us good balance on that side and is probably now a key player for us.

Hemmings has his shortcomings but I like him and think he'll get 10-15 goals for us.

Healey hasn't played enough to judge. Hopefully he takes his chance.

Loy could be the pick of the bunch if he avoids injury. Very clever and can take a goal.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

In order of impact that they've made on me so far:

Loy - Looks like he's an out and out goal scorer

Julen - Liked the look of him straight away. Proper ball player and a classy CH in the making

Hemmings - Hard worker and can take a goal

Calder - Again, great work rate, direct and skilfull.

Holt - seems to be coming in to a game now. Defensively naive to begin with.

Low - as Wattie sad.. He'll be disappointed with the interrupted start he's made to life at Dens.

Meggat - can't judge on twenty minutes against The Fermers. Looked ok pre- season.

Healey - not enough game time to judge

Mitchell - As above

Pretty much agree with the above.

Loy's a player. Great movement and an eye for goal. He's already a key part of what we want to achieve I think.

Julen, I'm not quite as sold in hime as everyone else, he gets caught out of position a fair bit. However he's learning quickly and getting caught in possession a lot less now. Look a good signing.

Hemmings is frustrating, but he'll score goals and looks a handful to deal with. 

Calder. Early days, but one great and one decent showing is a good return so far. He'll prove a big part of our season until, or if, he's called back to Villa.

Holt going forward looks the part and yet in most games he's been found a little wanting defensively. Long term he looks a great prospect.

Low hit the ground running, looking great for a game and a half, before falling away, but not played enough to judge.

Meggat I actually like the look of. He's not exactly a cultured footballer, but he knows how to do the basics well and sometimes you need that no nonsense approach. He'll get a few games as the season moves on.

Healey looks OK, but can't judge yet.

Mitchell - not a clue.

What about Ross? Well, when he's good, he's great, when he's not the game seems to pass him by. Steady signing though.

No-one has screwed up so badly we're screaming to get rid.

I was getting a bit worried about Hemmings in the last couple of games though... hoping he's not developing Auld Harkins disease.

(Jogs two steps.... stops.)

:)

Thought he put in a power of work yesterday Joe.

Loy for me is the signing of the summer so far. He's been superb.

Calder looks an inspired loan signing. Hard to say for certain at this stage but I think he's going to be a revelation this season.

Julen and Holt are also great signings. They'll only get better.

Hemmings has goals in him so an important signing. Still to really fire for us though. Time will tell but I suspect he could be prolific.

Ross is really talented but needs to be used in an advanced position. He's not tough enough to play a deeper role in this league for me.

Low turned the derby and I had big hopes for him but disappointed with his impact so far, which is largely down to injuries.

Not seen enough of the others to judge.

Pretty much agree with the above.

Loy's a player. Great movement and an eye for goal. He's already a key part of what we want to achieve I think.

Julen, I'm not quite as sold in hime as everyone else, he gets caught out of position a fair bit. However he's learning quickly and getting caught in possession a lot less now. Look a good signing.

Hemmings is frustrating, but he'll score goals and looks a handful to deal with. 

Calder. Early days, but one great and one decent showing is a good return so far. He'll prove a big part of our season until, or if, he's called back to Villa.

Holt going forward looks the part and yet in most games he's been found a little wanting defensively. Long term he looks a great prospect.

Low hit the ground running, looking great for a game and a half, before falling away, but not played enough to judge.

Meggat I actually like the look of. He's not exactly a cultured footballer, but he knows how to do the basics well and sometimes you need that no nonsense approach. He'll get a few games as the season moves on.

Healey looks OK, but can't judge yet.

Mitchell - not a clue.

What about Ross? Well, when he's good, he's great, when he's not the game seems to pass him by. Steady signing though.

Completely forgot about Ross..

Looks capable of good things and definitely has an eye for a pass but can drift in and out of games a little too much. Think he'll get better with more games as well tbh..

Ill have a go at this.

Loy-

Like Stewart last season struggled to see where we fit him but the two up top with a diamond behind has worked a treat.

Reminds me a lot off Tommy Coyne and his goals will take the pressure off of Stewart.Excellent signing and intelligent player.

Julen-

McPake was a rock for us last season but something just doesn't look right with him this season injury/motivation not too sure but Julen has been the pick off the ch's for me.Him and Konrad dealt very well with cross balls yesterday but there again Motherwell didn't off the same threat as County.

Ch's are still an area that can be improved long term.Would love a real dominating ch.

Holt-

Offer us what we have been crying out at lb,pace,attacking threat,good link up play and even though he got caught out with the cross ball against County he has the height off a ch.Really cant get people criticizing this lad,we bought potential and he has been up against two off the quickest players in the league in Ohalleren and Hayes who are both excellent players at this level.

Taking time to adapt but will go onto be a great signing.

Hemmings-

Decent enough but expected more tbh.Said to anyone who would listen we should be in for him this summer and looked an excellent fit but ive been a disappointed him.Its probably a lot to do with the tactics off short passing but would love to see him be more direct at times.

Calder-

Really looks the part.Another piece off the jigsaw we were missing power,pace exactly what we have been lacking.Should have started against Partick and Tic game.This guy should be a real asset in away games where teams will come onto us and should be ablt to break at pace.

Ross-

Excellent footballer.Neat tidy,good at breaking up play and an excellent engine.Plays the game exactly the way Hartley sees it should be played.He will be a regular 7-8/10 every week.

Overall passmark's for the team and no more for me, there just seems to be something missing.The build up/tempo can be slow at times and one dimensional with short passing allowing teams to get organised.Would love to see us mix it up and some in your face performance's.

Edited by tallpault

I've not read anyone elses comments so be interesting to read back and see who I agree with etc!

Mitchell - N/A - not seen him in a competitive game, highly recommended from lower leagues.

Julen - 8/10 - IMO our best centre half - dominant in the air - needs to stop diving in as much and distribution is pretty poor. As long as he defends first I'll be happy!

Meggatt - 5/10 - was never going to be a first XI player - has shown up quite well when required and wouldn't be too worried if we had to use him.

Holt - 7/10 - Best LB at the club. Needs to learn (fast) how to deal with he speedy wingers in this league (Ainsworh, O'Halloran, Hayes etc) but offers height at the back, decent strike, good delivery and a threat aerially up top. Just needs a bit more time.

Low - 4/10 - Looks a real player but I was warned by Sheep at work about his injuries. Looks like they were right so far. Disappointing.

Calder - 7/10 - Raw as they come but exactly what the squad needed. An upgrade on the Boyle/Harris types we have had recently. He will be inconsistent and frustrating at times. He'll also make mistakes but we need to remember he's a young lad.

Hemmings - 8/10 - I'm not getting the hate for Hemmings. He has goals, pace and physical presence. He could probably had more goals if he sharpens up his finishing. His work is key when we have Loy and Stewart buzzing around him. Already scored more than most of our strikers last season.

Loy - 9/10 - pick of the bunch. This seasons Stewart. If he had been fit the whole time (and I didn't have reservations over his fitness) he's a 10/10. Only needs a half chance at times and that sort of ability wins games.

Healey - N/A - I've only seen his cameo on Saturday due to weddings etc and he's not had rave reviews like Calder - reserve judgement. Always good to have options.

Ross - 8/10 - comfortably starts for me in an already strong midfield. Never loses the ball. Canna finish his tea though :(

Edited by Deefiant

Hate to a negative nelly but I disagree with the positive statements about Holt. Either side of being left out the side (for being poor), he's been poor. He was poor on Saturday and his goal and the result shouldn't blind people to that. I really want him to be decent but he's not done it yet. Hopefully he'll improve.

Loy has surprised me massively as he looked anonymous in pre season but he's been excellent.

Nick Ross is a tidy wee player. I like him a lot.

Julen is ok. Not stinking as some have said. Not great as some have said. 

Hemmings will frustrate folk and will have off days but has a goal in him and works tirelessly. 

Calder is what we've been crying out for. 

Can't really say much about the rest.

Adblock Detected