Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Problems That Need Fixed.

Spiritof62

1. A ball winning midfielder (Low ?)

2. Slow build up and getting the ball forward.

3. Only playing 45 minutes out of 90.

We started really slow once again on Saturday, surely by now the Manager would have this sorted out.

Like lots of Dees I'm happy at our points haul but our slow and cautious style is pretty awful to watch, resulting in poor atmosphere and poor attendances.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

I can't argue with any of the above.

But despite the fact that we are (Yes! We are!) seeing some very nice play, we've still to get some of the most very basic parts of the game right.

Throw-ins and corners are supposed to be an advantageous thing, we always seem lost at them.

Our throws are always too long in the taking and our advantage lost.

And the current favourite of the last-second charge into the box for corners doesn't seem to be doing anything worthwhile.

We also don't seem to be able to hit on the break! I think Bain is one of our best goalies ever - but he is dire when it comes to quickly picking out a man to start a burst forward when the opposition is recovering from one of his miraculous saves!  :)

(which I guess is covered in your point 2)

And the recent spate of timid back-passes to put Bain under pressure has been nail-biting in the last few weeks.

(And we need to start playing to the whistle. Last game but one we lost a goal due to arguing a foul not given. Last game we almost lost out again for a similar occurrence.)

So yes, everything you say above is correct... but they aren't the crux of our problems.... to me.... :)

I can't argue with any of the above.

But despite the fact that we are (Yes! We are!) seeing some very nice play, we've still to get some of the most very basic parts of the game right.

Throw-ins and corners are supposed to be an advantageous thing, we always seem lost at them.

Our throws are always too long in the taking and our advantage lost.

And the current favourite of the last-second charge into the box for corners doesn't seem to be doing anything worthwhile.

We also don't seem to be able to hit on the break! I think Bain is one of our best goalies ever - but he is dire when it comes to quickly picking out a man to start a burst forward when the opposition is recovering from one of his miraculous saves!  :)

(which I guess is covered in your point 2)

And the recent spate of timid back-passes to put Bain under pressure has been nail-biting in the last few weeks.

(And we need to start playing to the whistle. Last game but one we lost a goal due to arguing a foul not given. Last game we almost lost out again for a similar occurrence.)

So yes, everything you say above is correct... but they aren't the crux of our problems.... to me.... :)

I thought he had a really good understanding with Riley last year with this, he knew Riley would be bombing up the wing so kicked it long to him. What Riley did with it was another matter of course but it certainly dragged the play up to the opposite end.

I thought he had a really good understanding with Riley last year with this, he knew Riley would be bombing up the wing so kicked it long to him. What Riley did with it was another matter of course but it certainly dragged the play up to the opposite end.

He picked out Calder well on Saturday and sat a low, hard kick right on top of Hemmings at one stage, which he unusually (ahem...) struggled to control and it went straight out for a goal kick...

Adblock Detected