Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dae Ye Start Your Day Wi A Bowl O' Porridge ?

Gedee

Personally eh maistly dinnae bather wi any breakfast .......Anybody oot there the same ? Whit do you hae for breakfast ?

Documentary aboot Dennis Healey and he had a full fry up in the morning ....and twa pints o' mulk every day (lived tae 90 +years)

But when eh do hae the porridge, whidh eh love, it is very basic ......Milk water salt.......  VERY TASTY :)

The reason eh raised this topic wis the Annual Spurtle Contest has jist taken place and......GOODNESS ME WHIT ARE THEY DAING TAE

OOR GUID AULD FASHIONED SCOTTISH PORRIDGE !! 

It seems, cinnamon, nutmeg, honey, syrup, sugar etc are awe the rage !!

(Wid ye ken there is nae fitba the day)......Cannae wait to tell ye whit eh had tae eat later on the day)   :lol2: 

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

......it's now later on !!

A Big Bowl o' Home-made Ham Soup ..... which included every kind o' vegetable eh could get meh hands on !!

On top o' that, I added some lentils, yellow splits, green splits and marrowfat peas !!

You'll be reading that thinking .....Weel that sounds Mighty Manly !!

But I also added a range of my home grown tomatoes.

And this helps bring oot meh feminine side.

Kinda soft and fruity tasted.

Less fearsome.

:wub: :wub:

Smoked haddock wi poached egg on toast for breakfast this morning.

Bloomogg ..... That breakfast sounds absolutely scrumptious !!

Had you simply said poached egg on toast, although it may have tasted delicious, I kinda feel it might have been a little "girly like"

Hence the reason for the intended change of adjective ..... "scrumptious"  for the manly description. The smoked haddock does it !!

I would suggest, there is a certain Manliness aboot ye Bloomogg, & crust trimmed toast with butter and soft poach egg is not you.

I have a vision o' you crunching your way through the bones (nae time tae waste on filleting)...Frightening, but strangely attractive :)

Maybe should be thinking aboot up-grading meh prescription Eh aye feel strange when there is nae DFC fitba available at the weekend

(Thankfully though, It disnae affect my posts mind ...... Jist the usual high  standard)..............MENTAL :lol2:

Poached eggs on toast with broon sas for me

87DEE ..... If you are slappin' the broon sas on tap o' the egg, it really disnae metter too much, if you stiil like tae trim aff the crusts.

It's the BROON SAS that daes it !!   Withoot any doubt, at all, a combination that turns a girly egg into a....MANLY DISH

That said, my friend, it does sound a bit disgusting tae me :D

Bloomogg ..... That breakfast sounds absolutely scrumptious !!

Had you simply said poached egg on toast, although it may have tasted delicious, I kinda feel it might have been a little "girly like"

Hence the reason for the intended change of adjective ..... "scrumptious"  for the manly description. The smoked haddock does it !!

I would suggest, there is a certain Manliness aboot ye Bloomogg, & crust trimmed toast with butter and soft poach egg is not you.

I have a vision o' you crunching your way through the bones (nae time tae waste on filleting)...Frightening, but strangely attractive :)

Maybe should be thinking aboot up-grading meh prescription Eh aye feel strange when there is nae DFC fitba available at the weekend

(Thankfully though, It disnae affect my posts mind ...... Jist the usual high  standard)..............MENTAL :lol2:

I get about a stone of smoked haddock a month free. Poach the fish, take out, put eggs in the left over water, stick on toast soon as toast pops butter it place fish on top and then put eggs on it, wee sprinkle oh black pepper, sorted.

I've never had a poached egg in my life.

Going to have one tomorrow morning

You are probably entering a dangerous world there DD .....But as a Drummer Man, I would imagine you are quite macho!!

However, as it is a first time venture, I would suggest you DO trim the crusts of your toast & REFRAIN from the broon sas.

(PS .... Serious Tip Below)

Bring water to boil with a little salt. Immediately it boils, switch OFF heat and add a little vinegar. Swirl water around a little

and add egg to centre of pan (vinegar helps egg to form good shape) leave for 5 mins. still off heat .......... Perfect Egg :)

I get about a stone of smoked haddock a month free. Poach the fish, take out, put eggs in the left over water, stick on toast soon as toast pops butter it place fish on top and then put eggs on it, wee sprinkle oh black pepper, sorted.

Man you've got this game really sorted. Nothing I can really teach you on the Haddock Front Bloomogg.......sounds real tasty.

With a supplier (friend) like that I can see why you are well into smoked haddock. Have you ever tried the famous Culen Skink?

This is anither dish, that like porridge, has been interfered with beyond recognition wi arty-farty, fancy chefs who jist talk keech.

If you (or others) want a guid, plain, decent, delicious recipe, for cullen skink, post me back .... ...But eh'll no' force it on ye :)

Man you've got this game really sorted. Nothing I can really teach you on the Haddock Front Bloomogg.......sounds real tasty.

With a supplier (friend) like that I can see why you are well into smoked haddock. Have you ever tried the famous Culen Skink?

This is anither dish, that like porridge, has been interfered with beyond recognition wi arty-farty, fancy chefs who jist talk keech.

If you (or others) want a guid, plain, decent, delicious recipe, for cullen skink, post me back .... ...But eh'll no' force it on ye :)

I cheat wi that and use instant mash tae thicken.

I cheat wi that and use instant mash tae thicken.

That's fine friend .... As long as you enjoy it, thats all that matters.

The secret is tae keep it simple. Chefs think they can improve it !!

If you (or others) want the best basic recipe, jist gies a shout Bloo'

Adblock Detected