Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Preview Thread - Hamilton Away 17/10/15

Boba Fett

The Dark Blues return to Premiership action on Saturday with a trip to take on Hamilton Accies at the Spice of Life Stand and Garden Gazebo that is more commonly known as New Douglas Park.

The International break last weekend may have arrived at the right time for the Dee (when does it not arrive at the right time for us actually?) with Paul Hartley hoping for a return to fitness for some key players after the bruising 2-1 victory over Motherwell at Dens last time out.

Greg Stewart and Kevin Thomson both left the field early through injury in that match and it’s a waiting game to see if arguably Dundee’s two most influential players will make the starting eleven this Saturday. In addition to the question marks over Stewart and Thomson; James McPake, Nicky Low, Kosta Gadzhalov and Paul McGowan were all also absent through injury or illness against the Steelmen. Recent reports suggest that McGowan and Gadzhalov will not be featuring as they are still recovering from foot and shoulder injuries respectively.

Saturday’s trip to NDP provides a real opportunity for us to climb the League table to potentially as high as 3rd place by 5pm on Saturday with a tightly congested group of clubs from 3rd place (Jambos) down to 7th place (Fermers) separated by only three points.

If results do go our way on Friday night (we’ll be hoping Aberdeen regain their form up at Dingwall) and we put in a winning performance in front of the travelling Derry on Saturday, we will find ourselves in third place before Hearts inevitably pump the relegation fodder, joke pikey club over the road at Sunday lunchtime.

As this is a fair and reasonable football forum for the “thinking†Dundee fan, it would be right and proper to give our opponents a mention during this preview as well.

I wont be though. I am writing this preview and frankly I canna go that wee joke of a team.. They’ve got twa stands, a plastic park and a casual “mob†that widna look out of place at Pirates Island.

C’mon Dundee, get tore in about them and get the job done!

Game Details:

Competition: Ladbrokes SPFL Premiership

Venue: New Douglas Park

Date: Saturday 17th October 2015

Kick Off: 15:00 (3.00pm)

Ticket Prices:

Nice and simple folks, get yourself and your loved ones down to Hamilton on Saturday to roar on the Dee to victory:

Adult (18-65)                  £22.00

Over 65 & Under 18’s     £12.00

Disabled Supporters       £10.00 (Carer free)

Stats Vs Hamilton Accies

This will be the 139th meeting of Dundee and Hamilton.

The spoils were shared evenly over the two teams three meetings last season with a win for both clubs at home and a draw in the final meeting of the two clubs at Dens.

League:

Dundee wins:       67

Hamilton wins:     30

Draws:                 29

Scottish Cup:

Dundee wins:       3

Hamilton wins:     1

Draws:                 3

League Cup:

Dundee wins:       3

Hamilton wins:      2

Draws:                 0

Last Seasons Results:

Sat 25th Oct 2014  Dundee 2 – 0 Hamilton

Sat 13th Dec 2014 Hamilton 2 – 1 Dundee

Sat 31st Jan 2015  Dundee 1 – 1 Hamilton

Last game (look out for the trademark Gorgeous Greg goal):

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

That's a fine preview there Boba.

No only well detailed (researched) but there is plenty in there , no' only tae get us awe in the mood again ,efter what seems too long a break, but there is mair than enough

there in yir comments, to believe we might jist go there and do the business.

(Liked the bit) ..... "As this is a fair and reasonable football forum for the “thinking†Dundee fan, it would be right and proper to give our opponents a mention during this preview as well

...... I wont be though. I am writing this preview and frankly I canna go that wee joke of a team.. They’ve got twa stands, a plastic park and a casual “mob†that widna look out of place at Pirates Island"

And as you say ..."C’mon Dundee, get tore in about them and get the job done!"  :)

That's a fine preview there Boba.

No only well detailed (researched) but there is plenty in there , no' only tae get us awe in the mood again ,efter what seems too long a break, but there is mair than enough

there in yir comments, to believe we might jist go there and do the business.

(Liked the bit) ..... "As this is a fair and reasonable football forum for the “thinking†Dundee fan, it would be right and proper to give our opponents a mention during this preview as well

...... I wont be though. I am writing this preview and frankly I canna go that wee joke of a team.. They’ve got twa stands, a plastic park and a casual “mob†that widna look out of place at Pirates Island"

And as you say ..."C’mon Dundee, get tore in about them and get the job done!"  :)

Aberdeen win on Friday night and we win on Saturday, we'll go third Gedee.. That should be enough motivation for the boys. C'mon Dundee. Not giving up on a Euro trip next summer yet! It might no be France but Lichtenstein or the like will do just nicely too!

My starting eleven for Saturday:

Not sure about Harkins but I would probably give him the start. Can't ever remember him playing well down there but that needs to change sometime I suppose.

Winning the middle of the park and dealing with their set pieces / aerial onslaught will be key IMO.

Impressed with these match previews Boba. Keep up the good work.

Embarrassed to admit I was bored on the beach in Cancun for the last week and pining to see Dee being in action again. Accies away gives me nightmares but I fancy us to get a result this weekend.

Can't see a fault with your starting XI. Compare that team to what we watched 5-10 years ago and the gulf in quality is frightening.

Think I've missed out on three perfect Saturdays this season already so I'll be climbing aboard the Carlsberg train this weekend.

Impressed with these match previews Boba. Keep up the good work.

Embarrassed to admit I was bored on the beach in Cancun for the last week and pining to see Dee being in action again. Accies away gives me nightmares but I fancy us to get a result this weekend.

Can't see a fault with your starting XI. Compare that team to what we watched 5-10 years ago and the gulf in quality is frightening.

Think I've missed out on three perfect Saturdays this season already so I'll be climbing aboard the Carlsberg train this weekend.

McPake's out for Saturday now bud.. Considering his recent form and the fact that Julen and Konrad have shipped the least amount of goals out of any of our CH pairings this season, I'm not too disheartened. Konrad better not turn in one of his Derbyesque performances though :(

McPake's out for Saturday now bud.. Considering his recent form and the fact that Julen and Konrad have shipped the least amount of goals out of any of our CH pairings this season, I'm not too disheartened. Konrad better not turn in one of his Derbyesque performances though :(

I honestly wouldn't be massively surprised if we won 4-0 or lost 4-0 on Saturday. That's pretty much how I feel about our team right now... Confident of a decent season and mid-table finish but worried about a tanking over 90 minutes.

McPake out is a blow, I think, but he's not having a great season so far so maybe it's a good thing. Like you say Julen and Konrad have delivered together so we should go into this game feeling positive.

Just looking at the stats and I see Hamilton haven't drawn any of their last 9 games and have only lost to Celtic at home since February so I'd probably fancy a home win as a neutral, but I'm not, so away win it is.

Hamiltons home form is very good.. It's a bit of a worry going down to the Sainsbury arena. Feeling confident that the boys can get a win today though. Important game today for setting the tone of things to come. We could be anywhere between fourth or ninth by tea time. We don't want to slip out of the top half of the table for the first time this season. C'mon Dundee.

Adblock Detected