Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Match Preview Thread - Kilmarnock Home 24/10/15

Boba Fett

The Dee welcome a resurgent Kilmarnock to Dens on Saturday to mark the beginning of the second round of Premiership fixtures.

Who could forget our sensational start to the season against Kilmarnock on that glorious Saturday afternoon back in August? When the final whistle blew that day, anything was possible. You couldn’t blame us for dreaming of KT climbing (limping) up the steps at Hampden to lift the Scottish Cup or some other long sought after piece of silverware. So convincing a victory it was for the Dark Blues against Killie last time round, Derek Ferguson was encouraging everyone within reasonable commuting distance of DD3 to “snap up your season tickets now folksâ€. I’m fairly sure there were also a couple of comparisons to the Brazil 19070 world cup winning team being banded about as well! Even for my overactive imagination, that one was a bit of a stretch.

In the days and weeks since that 4-0 footballing master class, we have never come close to reaching that level of performance again. We’ve had our moments; but in truth there’s nothing quite like a league cup exit at the hands of a third tier team to bring you back down to earth and remind you that it was Dundee your old man brought ye up following!

Reflecting on the first round of fixtures, I’m sure that Paul Hartley will be reasonably pleased with our top half league placing and the way in which the team have shown resilience and character to fight back and grab precious points when trailing.

Equally, he should be pleased with the form of his front men. Twelve goals from Hemmings, Loy and Stewart in eleven games is a far cry from the goal-starved days of last season and represents a significant improvement in an area which he publicly identified as our Achilles heel last term. Others are chipping in with goals throughout the team as well.

If Dundee want to take all three points on Saturday and progress through the season in confident mood, the goals against record needs to be the primary concern.

Looking at Killie on Saturday in isolation, they will be well aware of our strengths and will no doubt have identified our defensive frailties as well. Hartley will be hoping to field a steady and consistent back four during the next phase of the season however it looks highly unlikely that he will get that opportunity yet again this Saturday.

Julen Etxabeguren (Or Julien Etchadesketcha if you were to believe the man with the mic at NDP on Saturday) was stretchered off against Hamilton with what looked to be a serious ankle injury. Hartley will be hoping that James McPake has fully recovered from a facial injury to take his place next to Tam Konrad (who incidentally also took a sore one on Saturday with an unprovoked boot to what looked like his family jewels from the glorified thug Darian MacKinnon)

It’s fairly simple for the Dee – Start keeping clean sheets and we’ll start to climb the league table as our attacking options are brining us goals.

As far as Saturday’s visitors are concerned, they will be hoping to continue their recent uplift in form. After a torrid start to the season, which has seen them rooted to the bottom for the most part, Gary Locke’s players have started to hit some form and pick up points.  Their confidence should be high after a good home win against ICT at the weekend and the Dark blues will need to look out for a “reborn†(according to Pat Bonner) Josh Magennis.

Given their more than shaky start to the campaign, it is hugely surprising to see them now seven points clear of the Joke Pikey Beasters who are now well adrift in bottom spot with a visit to Celtic Park to look forward to this weekend :lol2:

My prediction – The Dee’s search for a clean sheet continues but our forward players come to the rescue yet again.

2-1 Dundee

DDYB

Game Details:

Competition: Ladbrokes SPFL Premiership

Venue: Dens Park Stadium

Date: Saturday 24th October 2015

Kick Off: 15:00 (3.00pm)

Ticket Prices:

Adults:                                                         £22

Concessions (OAP’s and Students)            £15

Under 16’s                                                   £12

Don’t dare forget that the Bobby Cox Stand and The Derry are admission by ticket only.

Bobby Cox Family Area Tickets:

Adult and one child under 12                       £24

Two adults and two children under 12         £46

With additional children under 12 at            £ 2

Children under 16 in the family area are     £10

Under 12 and Under 16 tickets can only be bought as part of a family group

Stats Vs Kilmarnock

This will be the 201st meeting of Dundee and Kilmarnock.

The Dee enjoy a tremendous record in recent years against Saturdays Ayrshire opponents. The Dark Blues come out just on top in the two teams all time head to head as well.

League:

Dundee wins:         67

Kilmarnock wins:    62

Draws:                    46

Scottish Cup:

Dundee wins:         3

Kilmarnock wins:    4

Draws:                   2

League Cup:

Dundee wins:         5

Kilmarnock wins:    4

Draws:                   7

Recent Results:

Saturday 1st August 2015                  Kilmarnock 0 – 4 Dundee

Wednesday 21st January 2015          Dundee 1 – 0 Kilmarnock

Saturday 1st November 2014             Kilmarnock 1 – 3 Dundee

Saturday 9th August 2014                  Dundee 1 – 1 Kilmarnock

Last game (Getting all teary eyed just thinking about this day):

One more for good measure.

Lets make sure we’re sending this fella into meltdown again by Saturday tea time..

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Good preview Boba, after last week I had high hopes and you didn't disappoint.

We seem to enjoy playing against Killie and have a great recent record against them. We really need to be getting three points if we have serious ambitions to kick on and cement top six or higher. Expecting Greg Stewart to be targeted more than ever on Saturday..

Some times after a poor performance by DFC, my mnd goes back to that first game of the season.

Remembering the class and quality of DFC in their demolition of Killie, and I think what's happened ?

But being of the positive kind, that feeling does not last long, thinking, we did it once, we can do it again.

Think the potential for Our Club is just about unlimited. A really good result this weekend would be a great lift.

Very much believe even with the stuttering results & performances, we are making steady (if slow at times) progress.

We're limited in what we can do, because of the financial restrictions. Our attack is taking shape. Next, tighten our defence.

(As already said .... Very Good Preview Boba .....And it's got me in the mood o' posting again) :)

Some times after a poor performance by DFC, my mnd goes back to that first game of the season.

Remembering the class and quality of DFC in their demolition of Killie, and I think what's happened ?

But being of the positive kind, that feeling does not last long, thinking, we did it once, we can do it again.

Think the potential for Our Club is just about unlimited. A really good result this weekend would be a great lift.

Very much believe even with the stuttering results & performances, we are making steady (if slow at times) progress.

We're limited in what we can do, because of the financial restrictions. Our attack is taking shape. Next, tighten our defence.

(As already said .... Very Good Preview Boba .....And it's got me in the mood o' posting again) :)

Good morning Gedee,like your good self I try to be positive but am left frustrated with the team at times, there are a few times we should have put teams to the sword but didn't, constant injuries...although we are better placed this season with more cover but the chopping and changing is unsettling for the team which leads me to the defence....we are far too easy to score against....as you say, tighten up in that area and we can start being the team that we all think we can be. Kilmarnock will be more of a threat this week than the last game but Rome wasn't built in a day so as long as there is progress...that will do for me.

Does anybody have any idea what's wrong with Hemmings? Sorely missed on Saturday if you ask me.. Hopefully he's back for Killie.

Not a word out of Dens as to why he was missing on Saturday, I agree we missed him last week but he's a player who puts himself about and can take a goal.

Expecting Killie to be a lot better and more fired up for this one than opening day.. They've got first hand experience of how dangerous Stewart can be and they'll no doubt be looking to keep him quiet with some "special" treatment.

I don't think we can afford to go with a lightweight midfield including Ross and Calder form the start on Saturday. They'll be right in our faces and snapping at our heels so I would be starting a midfield that's capable of not only getting the ball to the front three quickly but one that can rough it out and win a slog if required.

I'd go for something like this from the start with the likes of Calder and Helaey giving us attacking options from the bench later in the game.

Adblock Detected