Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Server Update Complete

TheDarkBlues

Hi Everyone,

We would just like to let everyone know that the move to the new server has been completed.

We are now running on a server that is located within the UK. We also did some server side upgrades and server optimization and introduced better caching on the server. One thing might be a lot more noticeable is the loading speed of the site.

I am also pleased to let you all know that emails are working again after the issues we had with the previous server. This means that there will now be email notifications again for private messages and new topics.

We also have changed our domain name, don't worry as you may have noticed you have be redirected straight to the new domain automatically.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Service has been different class.

I know recently it hasn't been working 100% on the old server and there wasn't anything we could have done about it, now we have total control over this server we have been able to add all the things (server wise) that we wanted.

We plan on one more major update and this is due to the server software being at its end of life. We will have to upgrade to version 4, but we only plan on doing that if we can get everything from this version ported over, but we might have to forego a few things though. However, we plan on doing this next month and there shouldn't be any major changes after that. (Fingers crossed).

Thanks again for your support.

Hi.

The cookies message is standard fare for sites in the EU. We're on a new UK domain since yesterday (previous was in the US), which is why you're seeing it now.

We've absolutely no plans to start spamming your eyes with ads.

Cheers.

That's great (and a relief!) so thanks Scott.

Statement from scottwiss post ........ "We've absolutely no plans to start spamming your eyes with ads.".........Good News :)

"Aye Dinnae .....Please, Jist Dinnae" 

On that issue, there is nae herm in asking  (reminding)  some TDB posters, for small regular contributions.

I would come into that category of a small contributor .....(But eh try tae dae it regular, on a monthly basis)

I'd like to say, I may increase donations, but Wifie Margaret has drastically cut back on meh pocket money

Since keelin' aff the shed roof 4 months ago, eh'm less active. So wifie decided tae cut back tae £5 a week.

Anyway, push awa there for some sma' regular donations...Could never handlle awe thon pop-up forum ads.

Adblock Detected