Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Mcgowan For Captain

kenmcblue

We need a leader on the park who can play 30 games a season, take the others by the scruff of the neck when needed and Dee-clare welcome to Dens this is my park and at the end of this battle your going to have earned anything you leave here with !

McGowan has had his demons and may not fancy the burden of leadership but he's the man I would give the job to. Plus I Think he may actually care about the role.

We are the softest team in the league to play against and Dens must be best away fixture possible for the opposition.

Edited by kenmcblue

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McPake for leader for me.

macGowan runs about daft by its uncontrolled aggression and shows no leadership traits for me.

Maybe true Ivan but McPake's leadership attributes today were less than impressive.  Non-existent in fact.  For some reason I  get the impression that McPake isn't really into the captaincy thing.

macGowan runs about daft by its uncontrolled aggression and shows no leadership traits for me.

Maybe true Ivan but McPake's leadership attributes today were less than impressive.  Non-existent in fact.  For some reason I  get the impression that McPake isn't really into the captaincy thing.

Its McPake for me too, I don't doubt MacGowan's passion and commitment but part of the captains job is to talk to the Ref and 'mitigate' as best he can, I really don't see MacGowan doing that, I see him more in the 'assault troop' role rather than the leader. In fairness as fans we do only get a small snapshot of the players so maybe don't see the best characteristics of the players.

Oh sit down next to me.

I felt MacGowan was the reason we got a foothold in the game today with his work rate and desire to drive us forward, he passed the ball moved into space to take a pass trying to create something,won the ball back and started again rather than run about daft. 

no other midfielder wanted to do this,I feel his presence on the park is enough to lift other people to follow his example without being captain,I do not see Mcpake as captain though,lost as to who can takeover from Thomson there.

I do see McGowan running about daft and looking like he could pop at any minute,

also the one footed, round in a circle moves, crack me up :)

He is the right side of 30 though, and could be at Dens for another 5 years.

Maybe the armband would just be the making of him and fortress Dens though.

I know he's just back from injury but his appearances per season are very good and

I think he does inspire with his commitment to the job while on the park.

While he looks agressive I don't think the Ref's view him as dirty or overly confrontational

and most Ref's are a law unto themselves anyway.

I agree McPake does set a good example on the park with his passion, but I don't

see him playing 30 a season, and he may not be risked on the astro surfaces anymore.

We need a leader on the park who can play 30 games a season, take the others by the scruff of the neck when needed and Dee-clare welcome to Dens this is my park and at the end of this battle your going to have earned anything you leave here with !

McGowan has had his demons and may not fancy the burden of leadership but he's the man I would give the job to. Plus I Think he may actually care about the role.

We are the softest team in the league to play against and Dens must be best away fixture possible for the opposition.

Yea we are the softest team in the league and are out muscled in every game. We are all nice players who want to play football. In reality other teams have players who know how to foul cutely. Every game we pick up more yellows than opponents. Today ICT 15 fouls and 2 bookings, we committed the  fewest number of fouls yet collected the highest number of cards. How can you commit 6 fouls in 94 minutes and get 4 bookings? Only Dundee.

McGowan and McAlister in mdfield were pivotal to our success last season. With aggression and desire in abundance, they wore out the opposition's midfield, giving guys like Harkins and Stewart the time and space to create things. With Thomson fit we were even stronger.

Where's our engine room this season? We struggle to get Thomson and Low fit. Ross is not a physical player. Harkins isn't suited the deeper role. McGowan is in and out the team.

Hartley's decisions in the summer made a lot of sense but it's not really working so far. Instead of progressing it feels like we're a bit weakened in the middle.

Not sure Gowser as captain is a good idea but we miss his tenacity in the middle a lot. We also miss McAlister (last time I'll say this as I know most folk disagree).

Edited by Cobra

McGowan for me is half a pass slow from being the same as Thompson. Great engine great desire great fitness great dig. When he gets the ball he is that extra touch or double glance before he passes too slow. Love the boy. Mcpake for me does not look fit. If jules was fit or konrad mcpake wouldn't have started. Hartleys team hart lets tactics have a cost us last 2 games. Points need before December or we are in the dog fight

Hi kenmcblue .....The short answer to your question is NO (imo)

His attributes, as you mention, are there to see. He is enthusiastic, energetic,determined, gives his all (not always obvious in some DFC players)I also believe he has the skills to go with this.

These are the kind of qualities a captain should have. But he also has to be a commanding figure, and have the total respect of fans and players.I am not sure he is at this time, or has the total respect of fans and players'

There is also his temperament to consider (which is fine as far as I am concerned). But also does he need, as you say "the additional burden of leadership" ?

It could of course work the other way.....And be the making of him. As said, he definitely has some qualities,that other players would benefit from sharing.

Adblock Detected