Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Nick Ross

J_Kitamirike

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

What does this guy offer to the team? Far too lightweight and is muscled off the ball too easy.

I would rather have McAlister in the midfield than Ross.

I agree completely with this. McAlister gave us so much more than Ross.

Also, why was Harkins taken off instead of Ross? GGH seemed to be having one of his better games and could have been moved forward when McGowan and Low came on.

PH got today wrong from start to finish IMO.

I agree completely with this. McAlister gave us so much more than Ross.

Also, why was Harkins taken off instead of Ross? GGH seemed to be having one of his better games and could have been moved forward when McGowan and Low came on.

PH got today wrong from start to finish IMO.

I thought Harkins was awful today to be honest. Ross should be played further up the park where physicality isn't so important. Looked better with McGowan and Low on. Agree with PH got it wrong today though. Shambles of a team selection.

He's not a holding midfielder though. Should be playing at the point of the diamond.

Find it hard to be critical of a player whose being asked to do an alien job.

Agree with this. He's a tidy player who would add a bit of creativity further forward. Asking him to battle it out in a deeper role just isn't his game (nor is it Harkins' game). With McGowan and Low on the bench there was no need for it.

He's not a holding midfielder though. Should be playing at the point of the diamond.

Find it hard to be critical of a player whose being asked to do an alien job.

Got to have sympathy for him as he's being played out of position, everyone but Hartley can see that he's not a holding midfielder. 

Still not convinced he is good enough to be a regular started for us even playing in his correct position. 

He is neat and tidy and does have good vision. He does try to retain possession and plays with his head up but he is always going to struggle with the lack of movement in front of him.

He was excellent against Killie 1st game of the season when we had time and space to play our attacking game and he was able to pick out Hemmings, Loy and Stewart who were all making good runs in behind.

Locke had us sussed today by playing 2 defensive midfielders and not giving us any space in the final 3rd to play in. 

Think Ross is a capable player, played in the right formation/system. The problem is that Hartley isn't getting the best from him and numerous other players. 

It's been clear as day for some time that he's too powderpuff for central midfield. He's got vision and passing and can be a real asset in behind the forwards. Playing him deeper is a gift to the opposition.

Edited by Cobra

Was going to mention that I counted SIX times yesterday where he was screaming for the ball in the middle in space and he was just ignored by his team mates. He was getting a bit of stick (because we were losing and there was a lot of panic and demands that we just get the ball forward) when on the ball but I felt that before we fixed the midfield in the second half, Ross was actually the smartest player in possession and looked most likely to pick a clever pass that would cut the opposition open. It felt like he was invisible to his team mates and if you watched his face and his shouting, it wasn't due to him not demanding the ball.

Do need to get this position thing sorted though.

Adblock Detected