Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

So, What's Our Best Starting 11?

Doc The Dee

It seems like Hartley either doesn't know his best 11 or just can't get it on the field due to constant injuries. What does everyone think our strongest team is?

For home games against the teams we "should" be beating, I'd go with

. Bain

McGinn. McPake. Julen. Holt

. Thomson

. Harkins. Low

. Stewart

. Hemmings. Loy

Away from home I'd probably go

. Bain

McGinn. McPake. Julen. Holt

. Thomson

. Low. McGowan

. Loy. Stewart

. Hemmings

Not seen the young lads Calder and Healy due to work, so can't really comment on them.

What do you feel is our best starting 11 and formation?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd play the same team home and away. I wouldn't have Harkins anywhere near my starting XI any more and don't think we should build a team around Thomson either given he's rarely available (and he's been poor when he has played recently). I'd like to give Curran a run in the team now - can't be any worse than Harkins has been and I don't see what Ross adds to the team. Not sure if this is the best starting line-up although I'm sure it's better than Hartley's attempt this afternoon...

Bain

McGinn

Julen

Konrad

Holt

Calder

Curran

Low (or McGowan)

Stewart

Loy

Healey

For now i would try and find balance and make us hard to beat. We are too predictable and easy to play against and make it easy for teams. We need to play as a team and win battles all over the pitch. We are losing too many goals from crosses, mainly due to Holt being poor defensively and getting caught going forward. We need to play 442 with our wide midfielders protecting our full back. On the right McGinn and Gowser and left Holt and Low. I wouldn't be against trying Irvine at left back and Holt at left midfield but think Holt may be better with someone like Low helping him out defensively. 

Bain

McGinn     McPake    Julen    Holt

McGowan  Harkins Thompo    Low

Stewart   Loy/Hemmins

Giving plenty of options from the bench to go more attacking if required.

I'd play the same team home and away. I wouldn't have Harkins anywhere near my starting XI any more and don't think we should build a team around Thomson either given he's rarely available (and he's been poor when he has played recently). I'd like to give Curran a run in the team now - can't be any worse than Harkins has been and I don't see what Ross adds to the team. Not sure if this is the best starting line-up although I'm sure it's better than Hartley's attempt this afternoon...

Bain

McGinn

Julen

Konrad

Holt

Calder

Curran

Low (or McGowan)

Stewart

Loy

Healey

Don't think we can possibly say Curran should be included as part of our "best 11"

Edited by Mr Gandosaur

Just think Holt needs a wee spell on the bench. Been pretty poor of late. Irvine is far from a world beater but would shore things up a touch I would say

I don't think that it is Holt tbh, I believe that it is the formations that we have been playing recently that don't give the full backs any protection. Holt is much better going forward and is a much better crosser of the ball. Playing Irvine there is again like putting a square peg in a round hole, it just doesn't work and I think last season was more a fluke for Irvine than anything else.

For me, it has to be Holt and Calder/Low on the left and Ross/Harkins needs to be played in a more forward position, but we can't play them all in midfield and I think the problem is PH is trying to keep them all happy rather than do what is best for the team.

GK - Bain 

RB - McGinn

CB - McPake

CB - Julen

LB - Holt

DM - Thomson (When fit, Low when he isn't)

CM - Low (McGowan when Thomson is out)

RM - Stewart

LM - Calder

ST - Hemmings

ST - Loy

Bench - Mitchell, Konrad, Gadz, Ross, Curran, Carrerio, Healey

Adblock Detected