Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Gadzhalov

Edin_Dee

Comes in for some harsh criticism in my opinion. Last season he played twice I think at centre back and performed fairly well. Clean sheet against Motherwell and did well until a stupid penalty against Aberdeen if I remember correctly. Against Celtic playing centre mid he didn't look very good and was rightly hooked at half time but as we seem to be saying with a few players this season its hard to judge them when they are played out of position.

If I'm honest I don't really see what he did wrong defensively against Killie or last week against Hamilton. Thought the booing he received for passing the ball back to Bain was pretty out of order. Didn't see too many other obvious options for a pass and to be honest a player keeping possession should never be slated to that extent.

Was watching the Southampton game yesterday where they had a free kick up the field but a couple of passes later the ball was back at their keeper. Said to my mate that if Dundee had done that then the fans would have been going absolutely crazy at them. Far too much route 1 mentality with some fans in Scotland at times.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

The booing he got for passing the ball back to Bain (instead of just hoofing the ball diagonally towards a midget) was embarrassing and it's of the only times I've ever reacted to our own crowd. I know it was just the frustration of the game but it can't have been nice for him to come into the game.

His main problem last season was his mobility and communication. He looks like he's trimmed well so hopefully has improved in that respect and you'd also hope that living here for longer and playing with the team has made him a better communicator. I guess we'll have to wait and see if that has improved enough. I know he had a nightmare in one of the 20s games this season (Falkirk I think) but he was supposedly suffering very badly with his injury that day and he was getting decent reviews in games before that.

He's got some leap in the air (he jumped with Magennis for a ball late on yesterday and reached a ridiculous height) which is something that we really need to do. On the ball, he likes to pick out a decent pass instead of hoofing the ball away which was something that was a real issue in the first half yesterday. He is actually listed as a defensive midfielder on a few websites so I think that backs up that he's OK on the ball (I think his poor performance there was mostly because he was just struggling with the communication part so much and running into our own players).

There are elements there certainly and our manager evaluated him for 6 months and thought he was worth giving a shot to.

Thought he strolled through the game (not always a good idea, admittedly). But he never looks under pressure.

And people around me were giving Meggatt stick for the first goal, when it was McPake who was outjumped.

I though both Kille goals were fine finishes, from their point of view obviously.

And special mention to Healey, who wasn't too impressive against 'Well. He had a good game.

I dunno what it is but there is something about Gadzhalov, I do feel there is a decent defender there. And I agree Harry, a hell of a leap on him. Seemed to crouch down slightly while keeping his eye pinned on the ball then launched himself into the air, impressive. Can't remember anyone around me booing for a back pass to Bain, but if that was the case, I'll put it down to frustration but still ridiculous nonetheless. It did seem communication was really the only major negative for him last season, good in the air, decent with the ball, good tackler. Hopefully free of injury along with the better communication he will have picked up while here, he can perform well. Also, his missus is a bloody cracker!

I dunno what it is but there is something about Gadzhalov, I do feel there is a decent defender there. And I agree Harry, a hell of a leap on him. Seemed to crouch down slightly while keeping his eye pinned on the ball then launched himself into the air, impressive. Can't remember anyone around me booing for a back pass to Bain, but if that was the case, I'll put it down to frustration but still ridiculous nonetheless. It did seem communication was really the only major negative for him last season, good in the air, decent with the ball, good tackler. Hopefully free of injury along with the better communication he will have picked up while here, he can perform well. Also, his missus is a bloody cracker!

Lot being made of his communication and the potential improvements - according tot he player at my table at the sponsors doo his English is less than basic even after a year in this country. Gadz looked like he never spoke to any of the punters at his table all night. He was supposed to have Jules next to him but his injury at Hamilton kept him out.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but I'd expect a basic understanding of the language by now?

Lot being made of his communication and the potential improvements - according tot he player at my table at the sponsors doo his English is less than basic even after a year in this country. Gadz looked like he never spoke to any of the punters at his table all night. He was supposed to have Jules next to him but his injury at Hamilton kept him out.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh but I'd expect a basic understanding of the language by now?

Hopefully he was just thinking intensely about what opponents he wants to crush.

Well if his English is still less than basic after this amount of time in Scotland, that is a big worry. Like I said, I think there is something about him but if he can't communicate with the other players especially his fellow defenders and Bain then he's fighting a losing battle.    

Well if his English is still less than basic after this amount of time in Scotland, that is a big worry. Like I said, I think there is something about him but if he can't communicate with the other players especially his fellow defenders and Bain then he's fighting a losing battle.    

I had a chat with Kosta at the sponsors do - his English is certainly better than my Bulgarian

Adblock Detected