Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Corners !

valleyboy

Can someone explain to me why, Stewart takes them, surely someone with his scoring ability should be somewhere around the box, also why does Holt never go up for them, has great heading ability, also why not stick one of our " midgets" at the back post, the amount of times the ball goes right over and out for a goal kick is unbelievable.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What pisses me off about our corners and crossing in general is the way we constantly float them and allow them to hang in the air forever and give defenders a chance to make a play on the ball. Get them fizzed across the 6 yard box with as much zip as possible making them difficult to defend and meaning any touch might take it in the net.

What pisses me off about our corners and crossing in general is the way we constantly float them and allow them to hang in the air forever and give defenders a chance to make a play on the ball. Get them fizzed across the 6 yard box with as much zip as possible making them difficult to defend and meaning any touch might take it in the net.

I'd like to see them varied, we haven't got the tallest or most robust players in the league, last year PH had them doing all sorts of stuff from running around in circles and then dashing in to not putting it in to the 6 yard box. Last saturday we were always unlikely to win any balls into the box, lets try and think 'outside the box' (sorry).

It seems DFC have a bit o' a problem wi' basic things like corners and throw-ins   (some might say some ither thngs a s weel....but that's for another day)

I think they are improving a wee bit in baith these aspects o' their games. Or maybe eh'm jist kiddin' mehsel' on. ....trying tae get a wee positive again.

TBH I think our corners are vastly improved under Hartley - we still waste far more than we score from but most teams do.

McPake has chipped in with a few goals and Healeys goal at the weekend came from a corner.

I'm struggling with memory but this season McPake vs Farmers, Healey vs Killie, Hemmings vs Hearts was almost identical to Healeys goal. Not sure if people are discounting the short corners that healey and Hemmings scored from but it's a viable tactic.

3 goals from corners is pretty decent after 11 games IMO. Would be interesting to see how the rest of the league stack up.

This however I can get behind. I have never seen a Dundee team look comfortable taking a throw in.

I would think the instructions for successful throw-ins would be pretty basic. And no' require hours of training.

QUICKLY. Make some space. Make yourself available. Get the ba'' tae the man !!  Seems simple tae me :)

Agree with Holt up for the corners.....him and Hemmings should be right on top of the goalie......as much presence and pressure as possible.

Hearts, like it or not, use any physical attribute they have, and that may be the Scottish game unfortunately.....and why foreign teams always say that we wil play a physical game when they meet a Scottish/Scotland side.

Adblock Detected