Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

January Changes

Wattie Rojas

I wouldn't be adverse to seeing the likes of Irvine, meggat, gadzhalov and maybe a couple of youngsters being moved out if it allowed us to sign a dominant centre half and strong midfielder. Maybe get kerr back to cover full back and right midfield too.

Hopefully mcpake can rediscover last season's form.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

It all depends on who's available to bring in though mate.. January is generally not a window for bringing in long term players is it? (Maybe it is?) I'm presuming we don't have any money to spend on players so we'd be relying on free agents, players released early from their current clubs or loans..

Cobra posted up a list of Scottish top flight players who were out of contract at the end of this coming season and it looks like slim pickings for any pre contracts as well.

We need to widen the net and we definitely do need some strength in the midfield and at CH..

Meggatt is obviously not a central defender and we haven't seen him at left back yet so reserving judgement. It's his first time training full time and he's signed up until the end of next season so would rather see if we can get something out of him in his natural position.

Don't think we'll have much in the budget so I don't see more than one player coming in. Would probably be looking at Irvine + youngsters out on loan and maybe work out a 6 month deal for a proper defensively minded midfielder to try out with the view of signing them on a long term basis. Don't know where this mystery player will come from but from what I understand, it's not uncommon for foreign players to arrive and train for a bit with us so there be a network there. Also got access to the database for the English leagues (which I'd imagine helped research our loan players) so there could be work on that side of things too.

Would be looking to retain Calder and Healey too. Both have shown glimpses of what they have to offer and if we keep faith in them, I think we might actually be in with a decent shot of retaining one of them on a long term basis (which would be a decent coup given their age and potential). If they go though, it changes things completely though and gives us two new wages (which I'd imagine won't be big since they are loan players).

January isn't really a time for a lot of business and I don't imagine many changes.

The only thing I can imagine happening that would be major is if one of our out of contract players receives interest from elsewhere and Hartley decides to let go early if a replacement is available. Could be something that comes as a shock like Harkins, McGowan or Konrad.

EDIT: Or indeed Paul McGinn as Ludo has just posted in the transfer rumours section that Wigan are interested!

Edited by harry94

I recon this squads more than capable of getting anywhere between 8th and 4th this season with the players we have.

I'd rather save the penny's we would spent on a January signing and save them for the big summer signing. 

Aye, January isn't the time to go shopping for players so unless we really need a particular position filled I'd rather save our pocket money too.

Adblock Detected