Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Solution

Spiritof62

We need to put points on the board and the solution is to sort out our leaky defence, clean sheets bring points.

IMO Hartley must start to consider some drastic remedial solutions, here are my suggestions to get the discussion started here.

Drop McPake, bring back Konrad, Ghaz to partner Konrad till Jules is fit, Holt to midfield, Meggatt to be tried out at left back.

Drop Harkins, McGowan and Calder to start.

I think a strong direct runner in midfield like Holt would give us something we don't have.

Finally, put a rocket up anybody in the team that's not prepared to fight for the jersey for 90 minutes.

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of the Holt in midfield and Meggatt at full back argument but like Boba says, the amount of change we're making makes things a bit unsteady. To start Calder and Holt in midfield might be a bit difficult as it would mean that Calder would probably go over to the right side (don't know how comfortable he'd be since he struck me more as an out and out winger who likes playing on his natural side and there is also difficulty in what we do with Stewart). You could put Stewart up top and partner him with Loy or Hemmings but that throws up an attacking issues as dropping Loy means we miss his great movement and then dropping Hemmings would mean that we've lost a target man so I think it'd end up being 2 of Holt, Calder and Loy. Would maybe save it for a bit longer and deploy it if things stay as bad (or when we next play Celtic).

The major thing by far I think is the central 2. Harkins and Ross are not capable of winning possession and just put more pressure on our leaky defence. When Thomson is around, he has a major presence (one that you don't really notice until he's gone) and we seem to get away with him partnered with Ross or Harkins centrally. Without Thomson, we have to sacrifice both Harkins and Ross and bring in McGowan and Low.

Win the ball before it reaches our defence and you'll see a massive difference. We have the attacking options to rip teams apart and with slightly more balance, I think we'd rip teams apart.

If I were to pick any squad in the league who small changes would make a big difference to, it'd probably be ours. We're not really far away but the style we've adopted means that everything can collapse in non ideal conditions.

I'm a fan of the Holt in midfield and Meggatt at full back argument but like Boba says, the amount of change we're making makes things a bit unsteady. To start Calder and Holt in midfield might be a bit difficult as it would mean that Calder would probably go over to the right side (don't know how comfortable he'd be since he struck me more as an out and out winger who likes playing on his natural side and there is also difficulty in what we do with Stewart). You could put Stewart up top and partner him with Loy or Hemmings but that throws up an attacking issues as dropping Loy means we miss his great movement and then dropping Hemmings would mean that we've lost a target man so I think it'd end up being 2 of Holt, Calder and Loy. Would maybe save it for a bit longer and deploy it if things stay as bad (or when we next play Celtic).

The major thing by far I think is the central 2. Harkins and Ross are not capable of winning possession and just put more pressure on our leaky defence. When Thomson is around, he has a major presence (one that you don't really notice until he's gone) and we seem to get away with him partnered with Ross or Harkins centrally. Without Thomson, we have to sacrifice both Harkins and Ross and bring in McGowan and Low.

Win the ball before it reaches our defence and you'll see a massive difference. We have the attacking options to rip teams apart and with slightly more balance, I think we'd rip teams apart.

If I were to pick any squad in the league who small changes would make a big difference to, it'd probably be ours. We're not really far away but the style we've adopted means that everything can collapse in non ideal conditions.

Agree with all of this.  It has become obvious very quickly that we are probably trying accommodate too many 'luxury' players.  What are 'luxury' players?  Playing 4 strikers and also Harkins and Ross at the same time.

I agree tinkering is a bad idea but reverting to McPake, Konrad, Holt and McGinn is not going to stop the rot IMO.

On Saturday for Killies second goal, Holt ran at the midfielder and simply bounced off him, ending up on the ground, there was no physical effort in what should have been a decisive tackle.

It looks like Holt can be useful getting forward, I'm not convinced with him at FB.

Adblock Detected