Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Nathan Austin

OCDee

The Killie match report in The Sunday Times had us close to signing this player from East Fife with a fee of £75,000 quoted.

He's a 21 year old striker, apparently very highly rated.

It seems a strange one to be a little add-on at the end of a match report when there's been nothing about it anywhere else, particularly given the size of fee involved.

Anyone else heard anything or know if he's a decent prospect?

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Tam Cowan was very complementary about the boy on Off The Ball after Motherwell played East Fife in the league cup. Said he was head and shoulders above anything on the park and caused all sorts of problems. I think he said he pleaded with a board member to sign him and that it would be a travesty if Motherwell didn't sign him.

Edited by Pablothedee

I love that we're alert to the quality in the lower divisions these days. For years I felt our transfer strategy was lazy, predictable and ineffective.

Say what you like about Hartley, but he must be one of the best in the country at spotting and signing good players in the bottom three leagues.

I love that we're alert to the quality in the lower divisions these days. For years I felt our transfer strategy was lazy, predictable and ineffective.

Say what you like about Hartley, but he must be one of the best in the country at spotting and signing good players in the bottom three leagues.

We've not landed him yet Cobra, to be honest I've no idea how good he is so going by 'the word on da street'. Ya dig homes.

We've not landed him yet Cobra, to be honest I've no idea how good he is so going by 'the word on da street'. Ya dig homes.

Agreed Chomp. No idea if we'll get him but you look at United with 5 points from 12 games with the 3rd biggest wage bill in the league and we're sitting comfortably in mid-table thanks to the signing of guys like Bain, Stewart, Julen, McGinn and Loy. Things are far from perfect at Dens but we're showing a bit of nous when it comes to bringing in players to improve the squad.

Agreed Chomp. No idea if we'll get him but you look at United with 5 points from 12 games with the 3rd biggest wage bill in the league and we're sitting comfortably in mid-table thanks to the signing of guys like Bain, Stewart, Julen, McGinn and Loy. Things are far from perfect at Dens but we're showing a bit of nous when it comes to bringing in players to improve the squad.

Aye, PH has an eye for a player, I'm a wee bit surprised that we're now offering in the region of 75K for a player, although we had to pay compensation to QoTS for Holt so not that unrealistic I suppose.

We were discussing him a few days ago in the other thread and Ludo put out a post to East Fife fans asking them their views. The East Fife fans don't have much of a presence online so there were only three responses. The first response was that he was a very good player at league two level but would struggle here while the second user thought that full-time training would take him a long way. Last person merged both opinions but added that he is a tall pacey striker who maybe lacks one-on-one conversion.

I watched him in pre-season and he was very good but thought he was way older than he is (21) so never really gave him a second thought. Very fast and seemed to be bringing others into the game drifting from out wide to inside and dragging players all over the pitch. I thought he was a wider forward but he seems to have been playing centrally (going by what fans are saying) and has netted 9 in 14 this season. He never scored in the game I was at but he stood out quite a bit.

We signed Stewart at 24 years old and become his first full time club. The view at the time was that although people agreed he was a good player at the level he was at, he would struggle with the step up and his strike partner Hemmings was the massive prospect. It's impossible to know how a certain player is going to react to these sorts of moves so it's a case of seeing who has the raw ingredients and just trying to judge how much their limiting factors will restrict them.

In this particular case, Austin certainly seems to have the physical attributes already that could make him some sort of presence (speed and strength). You can youtube quite a few of his goals and although it doesn't tell much about his weaknesses, you can tell that most of his goals come from pace and his aerial ability. His goals seem to all be similar to that of a traditional striker (i.e. within 4 or 5 touches, the ball is in the net) so I imagine his development would focus on making him more all rounded. He's never known full-time football before (signed from Leven) so I imagine there will be loads of things for him to work on.

Aye, PH has an eye for a player, I'm a wee bit surprised that we're now offering in the region of 75K for a player, although we had to pay compensation to QoTS for Holt so not that unrealistic I suppose.

£75k isn't that much money when you think of it. When you're signing a young player on a two year deal, they are going to be earning a good bit less than a more experienced player and either have their wages absorbed on loan or be contributing to the first team. Obviously it can't happen too often but one or two a season is sustainable for a club like us if we;re smart about it.

Down in Alloa/Stirling with my new work so went along to Forthbank tonight to watch Stirling play East Fife. Finished 1-0 Stirling with Ex Dee Steven Doris getting the only goal in the first half. Decent free kick from the edge of the box.

Austin played the whole 90 mins. Was probably the best player on the pitch in the first 60 mins or so. Good movement and touch and deceptively quick. He missed a couple of very good chances though. Definitely worth another look.

Spotted some filthy chunt wearing a DAB jacket, so he was maybe being watched by the great unwashed as well.

Down in Alloa/Stirling with my new work so went along to Forthbank tonight to watch Stirling play East Fife. Finished 1-0 Stirling with Ex Dee Steven Doris getting the only goal in the first half. Decent free kick from the edge of the box.

Austin played the whole 90 mins. Was probably the best player on the pitch in the first 60 mins or so. Good movement and touch and deceptively quick. He missed a couple of very good chances though. Definitely worth another look.

Spotted some filthy chunt wearing a DAB jacket, so he was maybe being watched by the great unwashed as well.

Initially, I thocht .....Is this guy Austin really any good?

Then, I read a wee bit mair aboot him, including of course, yir ain positive comment Sebastiano.

Then, eh watched that wee clip o' him scoring a cool goal But then thoct £75,000? A lot 'o money.

Then, "Spotted some filthy chunt wearing a DAB jacket, so he was maybe being watched by the great unwashed as well."

Then, en made an instant decision........ F*** THEM !!         BUY HIM !! :)

Adblocker Detected