Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dundee Striker Healey Chasing Rare Treble

JoeCovenant

Dundee’s Rhys Healey has no idea if he’s the first player to play in the English, Welsh and Scottish top flights.

But he’s at least proud to have netted in two of them, following his strike against Kilmarnock, which was his first in dark blue, at the weekend.

A rich vein of form for first club Connah’s Quay, added to his 76th-minute header at Dens Park on Saturday, means Cardiff City loanee Healey is just one league shy of completing the set. And he hopes an extended run in the Dark Blues’ first-team can help him achieve his elusive goal — a strike in the English Premier League.

When asked whether he knew of anyone who had done the same, he said: “You know what, I don’t know if there is anyone who has scored in all three.

“It doesn’t matter if I’m the first. For me, it would be a massive achievement. I’ve already completed a pretty unique feat now, though. I want to kick on and become a regular here in Scotland then take that back down to England.â€

The Englishman, who spent much of last season on loan at Colchester United, continued: “To get my first goal was important for me. But not getting the result made it a bit of a bitter-sweet one.

“Everyone wants to score but, at the end of the day, the result is always the most important thing. And we fell short in that department so it was a disappointing day.â€

Inverness will play host to the Dark Blues this weekend, and Healey hopes if he hits the back of the net against John Hughes’ struggling side, it will not be in vain, like his Killie effort was on Saturday.

SNS-11373143-Dundee-v-Kilmarnock.jpg-898

The Welshman outjumps the Killie defence to head home for Dundee.

“If I do get picked, hopefully I can get more goals for the team,†he said. “This time, though, I want to help us take all three points, not come away having been beaten again.â€

Manager Paul Hartley has a big decision to make in the forward areas this week. His conundrum is whether to stick with his four front men or twist. It seems likely he will opt to take one of them out of the firing line.

Healey is confident his recent form will convince the gaffer to keep him in the starting XI.

“My aim every week is to keep proving to the gaffer I am worth a place in his team,†he said. “Hopefully, I did enough last weekend, and the week before, to be involved again against Inverness. “Everyone wants to play week-in, week-out — I am no different. “When you are out of the team, you have to try to keep the strikers on their toes. When you are in the team, you’ve got the pressure of having to perform.â€

Either way, whether starting or not, Healey says the Dark Blues need to learn from their Killie no-show.

“I think in the first half we just weren’t in the game,†said Healey. “They were first to every ball and every second ball. For that reason we found it really hard to make an impact on the game.

“That all changed in the second half. We came out and showed we wanted it more. We got the goal but couldn’t get the equaliser as they killed the game off. We need to learn lessons from it and take those into the next game.

“Hopefully, we can build on what we achieved in the second half and forget about the first half.â€

View the full article

Adblocker Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Adblocker Detected