Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Aftermath Hearts V Dundee

Riodee

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Dealt with almost everything but the big question mark was the goal as always..... From a cross.

Holt should have done better in stopping it but it was a free header.

This is getting ridiculous regarding Holt and I think it was Deeranged that said Hearts were double manning him.  Word is obviously out that he may be a weak link defensively and tbh word has probably been out for a good few weeks.  The lad is obviously a very good football player but this situation is not doing him any good or the team at all imo.

Three options -

stick with him in a back four as we are.

play a system that suits him. Never heard of a team adapting their system to suit a left (wing) back.

drop him for Meggatt or Irvine.  Over the years Irvine has never struck me as the best defensively against tricky wingers either.

What happened Harry?

Holt had 2 on 1 and attempted to close down the man in possession who managed to slip the ball to their full back (that Stewart should have definitely been picking up) who had so much space to put in a cross and he delivered with plenty of power and a good curve to the ball that allowed the forward to run on top of the defence and attack the ball pretty well.

Julen and McPake could have been a bit tighter but with the spin on the ball and the way he managed to deliver it, it kind of favoured an attacker to get over the top of it (as it forced the defence to move backwards to catch the flight of it if that sort of makes sense).

Point I was trying to make though is that it was never Bain's ball in a million years. Speed of it and movement of the ball meant no 'keeper would ever get near it.

Main issue is letting in the crosses time and time again. McPake and Julen played pretty well for the most part but no matter how good your centre backs are, if there are loads of opportunities to swing the ball in, they are always going to lose a goal like that eventually as the odds are that one cross will hit the sweet spot.

• Like 1

Holt had 2 on 1 and attempted to close down the man in possession who managed to slip the ball to their full back (that Stewart should have definitely been picking up) who had so much space to put in a cross and he delivered with plenty of power and a good curve to the ball that allowed the forward to run on top of the defence and attack the ball pretty well.

Julen and McPake could have been a bit tighter but with the spin on the ball and the way he managed to deliver it, it kind of favoured an attacker to get over the top of it (as it forced the defence to move backwards to catch the flight of it if that sort of makes sense).

Point I was trying to make though is that it was never Bain's ball in a million years. Speed of it and movement of the ball meant no 'keeper would ever get near it.

Main issue is letting in the crosses time and time again. McPake and Julen played pretty well for the most part but no matter how good your centre backs are, if there are loads of opportunities to swing the ball in, they are always going to lose a goal like that eventually as the odds are that one cross will hit the sweet spot.

I agree with your points regarding the delivery of these type of balls into the box.  Need to be blocked or pressure put on the player putting the ball in.  Also agree re Bain.  Some boys are looking for a reason or someone to blame when he has nothing to answer for - based on what I have seen.

There are good draws and bad draws and today was definitely the former.  Much stronger line up and formation today, despite the lack of width being noticeable at times again.  Holt was our only weak link, although he wasn't getting much help during spells in the first half and I thought Hemmings came onto a decent game as the match wore on.  If Loy could play six games in a row he wouldn't be at Dens because he's a genuine goal scorer and there are no doubts about our best centre back pairing, hopefully there're both fit for Friday.  Lastly, how quiet were the Tarts today because Hartley's been telling us all week that Tincastle is a very intimidating place go?

Adblock Detected