Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

The Queen, The Monarchy, The Hingers On. Why ?

Gedee

Even true royalists would dismiss the "hingers on", I would think.

But even the whole idea of Monarchy, and a Queen (or King) to rule our Country, and  extend her rule to her loyal subjects, must surely must now be outmoded, and way past it's sell-buy date, in this day an age.

She may well be working harder than the "average pensioner".

And although it has to be debateable, she may bring in more to the UK, than the money she picks up of us, to help maintain the lifestyle o' hersel' and pals, as well as maintain her various hooses aroond the Country.     But I still say..........WHY.

And the "WHY" is around the freak of birth, that puts in a place, a situation, that if you happen to be born within a particular family, you are destined to be KIng or Queen, and rule the Country.     

What special qualities within their genetic being, do they have, that make them better than us ....... and I mean anyone at all ?

I can in part undestand why they, in that position, might accept this is the case ...... as that is the way they have ben raised. (and generally slavered over, to believe this is all part of my royal destiny)

But what I cannot understand, is why the general public, politicians, celebrities, various people who have contributed so much to society, and did so much real work to help humankind, can still feel in awe, in her "royal" presence.

What's going on here ? ........Am I missing something here ?   

( I always thought she wis jist some kind o' rich wifie, that seemed to pit in a fair day's work, had a wee bit money aside for her auld age, and stuck on her crown before bestowing titles and favours on some o' her subjects, and then practiced that winsome smile she has, in front o' the mirror, before tawdlin' aff tae her bed)        PS.          I am no a Royalist !!

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Tourism...

Tourism and "Tradition"... nothing else.

Thing is... if you get rid of her and her ilk... what happens to the rest of the landed gentry who only own what they do thanks to centuries old royal favours?

Hello Joe ....... Thank you for you fast response.

But I am sure this is something you can really get your teeth into ........So let's have more off you please.

I do take the general point you make about ..... tourism, tradition, landed gentry, titled land owners etc.

But what I cannae get my head around is, were it not for their power, wealth, position, THEY WOULD BE EXACTLY THE SAME AS ALL OF US ....... even to the extent of having exactly the same body functions as us.

You know what I am talking about. farting, belching, spewing, snottering, peeing ......  and maybe even keeching their breeks at times !! 

(in a royal manner of course)

Does Royalty do some wee miracles on the side, that I dinnae ken aboot (weekends only) ......like heal the sick and raise the dead !!

Strange as it may sound I am no really cricising her .....it's those people who fawn over her, revere her, and give her their dying adulation !!

There must be ONE REAL TRUE ROYALIST oot there who can answer my question .........please. 

I would not criticise anyone who had strong positive views on the Monarchy.

But I still cannae see why she is made queen .....and no the wifie that bides doon the road ?

Does she still have somebody to wipe her erse? Wonder how much you get paid for a job like that?

Rivers ...... What do you mean ....." Wonder how much you get paid for a job like that?"

There are some people oot there (imo) that wid break into their bairn's Piggy Bank ........ TO PAY HER FOR THE PRIVILEGE !!

The concept of a Royal family should be consigned to the past, I understand the arguments for a Constitutional Monarchy but (keeping things nice and simple, I'm happy to air my views on the matter in greater detail) for a country to call itself a democracy yet only a handful of its people can become its Head of State is frankly insulting. As you say Gedee, there are no 'good' reasons for people not part of the chosen elite to buy into the concept as far as I can see but there's plenty that do. 

If the YES campaign had pushed for an independent Scotland then I might have been tempted to vote for them.

That's bollocks, Liz is German   :D

Aye you caught me oot there Misty !!

OK ........Next Question

Whar dis this "Royal Blood" come fae ?      Can anybody get some o that ?       Is there a special place I can go to, that will sell me some o' it ?

I wis wondering if the Queen gave me directly some o' her blood   (by royal appointment of course)  would I then be entitled to be granted some of her weath and powers   (and be allowed to wear a wee crown ..... noo and again like)    as a rehearsal for the ascension up the Royal Ladder

King Gedee ....... It has a nice ring to it !!      HOW DOES THAT SOUND TO YOU MINIONS ?

Adblock Detected