Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Head Of Youth Appointed - Jimmy Boyle

harry94

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Remember him as a player but don't know anything about him since. Good credentials though and seems like a good fit.

Hopefully we've unearthed a good ane!

ETA - here's an article from last year about him.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jimmy-boyle-ive-been-out-5779159#Mzizb7mqDSgMrOMQ.97

Edited by Boba Fett
  • Like 1

Remember him as a player but don't know anything about him since. Good credentials though and seems like a good fit.

Hopefully we've unearthed a good ane!

ETA - here's an article from last year about him.http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/jimmy-boyle-ive-been-out-5779159#Mzizb7mqDSgMrOMQ.97

Good article that, with some interesting names brought through. As always with anyone associated with the Dee's I wish him all the success in the world and he seems to be a well thought out, experienced choice.

Couple things.

Firstly. Rules out Campbell.

Secondly, good to see we appointed someone with managerial experience. Ex player too. Anyone know much about him.

Asked on the forums about him and Airdrie fans gave a few responses

Worked wonders with no money in our youth set-up. The money from players he brought through (Tony Watt, Jordan Allan, Liam Coogans) probably kept the club afloat.

He became first team manager reluctantly, was always happier and more suited in the youth role. Lovely guy as well, good luck to him.

Did a great job with the youth team - bringing through players and selling them on. Was in charge of the first team at a difficult time, and I don't think he ever really wanted to do it, but was still able to deliver his remit of bringing through youth players. 

Best of luck to him. I know he's been trying to get back involved at club level for a while now.

Did a very good job when in charge of our youths, so I believe he will do  well for Dundee. Jimmy role as airdrie manager I felt was a step to far and was a very poor manager, but as head of youth he will do well for Dundee.
I don't think anyone's got a bad word to say about his management of the youth system.  It's what he was happiest doing, as well. 

So all pretty positive stuff from them.

• Like 1

Adblock Detected