Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Spending Priority

Cobra

Spending priority  

80 members have voted

1. 1. If a player was sold for £1m or more, what would you like to see the club do with the bulk of it?

• Buy back Dens
    • Re-invest in the first team
    • Improve youth and training facilities
    • Bank it

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

In a perfect world, I would like to see it split up between all of the options above but I think that getting Dens back has to be a priority.

PH has shown he can get decent players for 0 or next to 0 and turn them into good players so any fee wouldn't need to be focussed in that area IMO.

Deals can be sought for training facilities around the area, like getting Dens back - a long term goal.

It's a major issue that's been ongoing for years and to have our stadium back it can really help grow the brand and image that JN and TK seem to be planning to do.

39 minutes ago, SM1893 said:

Deals can be sought for training facilities around the area

We're already at an advanced stage with the council and other bodies regards a new training centre. 

This is tremendous news for the future of the club and I'm curious as to why it's not getting more attention from Dees?

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/council-development-update

Edited by Boba Fett

3 minutes ago, SM1893 said:

In a perfect world, I would like to see it split up between all of the options above but I think that getting Dens back has to be a priority.

PH has shown he can get decent players for 0 or next to 0 and turn them into good players so any fee wouldn't need to be focussed in that area IMO.

Deals can be sought for training facilities around the area, like getting Dens back - a long term goal.

It's a major issue that's been ongoing for years and to have our stadium back it can really help grow the brand and image that JN and TK seem to be planning to do.

I was led to believe (I've no reason to doubt the source) that negotiations were taking place with JB to buy Dens back. The source is very reliable and a well known and well respected Dee. The buyer wouldn't be someone who is currently at the club but who has strong ties and who has been involved in the past. I don't know if there has been a problem or if talks are ongoing but I would assume it would be a pretty straight forward transaction if, as rumoured, JB is looking for nothing more than his money back.

22 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

Partial re-investment in the playing squad and money in the bank.

This strikes me as the sensible and balanced (if a bit boring) approach. While I think its important that the club (or at least a more Dee friendly owner, not that JB hasn't been very generous) owns its own ground the silence from the club on this makes me wonder if they see Dens as the future.

15 minutes ago, Boba Fett said:

We're already at and advanced stage with the council and other bodies regards a new training centre. 

This is tremendous news for the future of the club and I'm curious as to why it's not getting more attention for Dees?

http://www.dundeefc.co.uk/news/council-development-update

I'd forgotten about this, I know these things can take a time to happen so maybe no surprise but the odd update would be nice. It sounds like a great facility though.

25 minutes ago, Reverend Lovejoy said:

I was led to believe (I've no reason to doubt the source) that negotiations were taking place with JB to buy Dens back. The source is very reliable and a well known and well respected Dee. The buyer wouldn't be someone who is currently at the club but who has strong ties and who has been involved in the past. I don't know if there has been a problem or if talks are ongoing but I would assume it would be a pretty straight forward transaction if, as rumoured, JB is looking for nothing more than his money back.

I believe Bennett bought £7.5m worth of debt but I don't know how much he paid for it.

There was talk of Melville buying the ground back for £500k. More recently Bennett reportedly said he'd take £750k a couple of years ago. Whether that's still on the table I don't know.

Adblock Detected