Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Our Hampden Cup Final Song

Seeing the Sunshine on Leith Hibs stuff from the weekend go me to thinking...

We don't really have an identifiable song like some other clubs to play when we win anything. For example;

Hibs - Sunshine on Leith
Kilmarnock - Paper Roses
Dunfermline - Into the Valley
Dundee United - Beautiful Sunday
Celtic - You'll Never Walk Alone/Just can't get enough
Rangers - Simply the Best/Penny Arcade

So how come we don't have one?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

Would imagine Hey Jude would be the one played. Apart from Sunshine on Leith (which is pretty obvious), where do the other songs come from and why are they sung? There must be reasons why they're unofficial 'anthems' but can't see how they have anything to do with football! 

2 hours ago, Abdul Latif said:

Seeing the Sunshine on Leith Hibs stuff from the weekend go me to thinking...

We don't really have an identifiable song like some other clubs to play when we win anything. For example;

Hibs - Sunshine on Leith
Kilmarnock - Paper Roses
Dunfermline - Into the Valley
Dundee United - Beautiful Sunday
Celtic - You'll Never Walk Alone/Just can't get enough
Rangers - Simply the Best/Penny Arcade

So how come we don't have one?

I'd rather hear nothing than listen to absolute sh1te like paper Roses or Beautiful Sunday. The others are bearable, as is Hey Jude, but Into The Valley is definitely the stand out in that list. If we lost to Dunfermline in a final and that was played I'd be singing along and dancing to it.

I find Sunshine on Leith a real dirge, fair enough, it mentions Leith but its not exactly upbeat. Gotta agree the 'Fresh Prince', Into the Valley is a 'choon'. As for randoms like Beautiful Sunday and Paper Roses, I was really keen on this bad boy from a few season back.

18 minutes ago, chomp my root said:

I find Sunshine on Leith a real dirge, fair enough, it mentions Leith but its not exactly upbeat. Gotta agree the 'Fresh Prince', Into the Valley is a 'choon'. As for randoms like Beautiful Sunday and Paper Roses, I was really keen on this bad boy from a few season back.

Didn't like it at the time but it's grown on me since. Think it's because I saw no reason not to play Up Wi' The Bonnets as walk out music.

I'm just an old traditionalist I suppose........... a punk rock traditionalist.

Adblock Detected