Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

New Forum

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Dundeefc1783 said:

Not gone into the help bit but one thing I have noticed is when I open a thread it doesn't jump to the last post I read. 

Just wondering if it's something im doing 

If you click the blue button/star on the left of the thread topic, you'll be taken to your first unread post (it is in the help section :-) )

31 minutes ago, HH66 said:

When you click unread content it now lists every post that you haven't read rather than just the thread - Think I preferred it the old way

This has been asked many times on the IPB forum, either they're not reading the posts or choosing to ignore them. Will give you an update when I have one.

Some adjustments needed by me to get used to the new format. It seems to take longer to get to where I want to be but that's down to me not being used to the layout.

I use on my phone and I like that i can now 'like' a post. 

In general the forum seems less user friendly but more powerful than before - the usual compromise.

Overall, happy enough.

8 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

Just something you might not have noticed, the new forum is also twice as fast as the old one. Old page speed was just over 4.5 seconds, the new one is just around 2.4 and I am pretty sure I can bring that down.

John ....  TDB Forum has been flying along grand, since the recent changes.

I was giving all the credit for this to Windows10  (recently installed)

Meanwhile both good for me. I appreciate both work in progress :)

5 hours ago, HK Blues said:

Some adjustments needed by me to get used to the new format. It seems to take longer to get to where I want to be but that's down to me not being used to the layout.

I use on my phone and I like that i can now 'like' a post. 

In general the forum seems less user friendly but more powerful than before - the usual compromise.

Overall, happy enough.

I find it MORE user friendly mate. 

In some of the busier topics, it's very helpful to have the solid blue line indicating where the new posts start....though I'm unsure if this is based on what was there when you last logged in, or if it's actually recording when you last accessed each topic. I don't always look at every topic with new posts when i log in.

I'm sure I'll notice other features gradually.... :)

Adblock Detected