Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Ayr United

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

This actually made the Scottish news the other day, they were even interviewing folk in the street, must have been a very slow news day. Who'd have thunk that a scantily clad person (thankfully a female one) would cause such a fuss. I think some people live to be outraged.

I didnae see the photo, but I heard it on the TV News yesterday.

In this day & age, I can understand you might feel you've got to take these things serious. But I think these News fowk should maybe spend mair time looking for "real" news stories.   There wis a reporter going roond the streets asking the general public (while showing the blurred oot pic) whit did they think o' that?

Some o the responses were interesting. Fae one single woman, who tried to look disgusted, while at the same time, proclaiming the picture was degrading & shocking !! To this elderly couple. The man thought it was awe-right :) before being dragged awa by his wife, muttering it wis absolutely awful :angry:

11 hours ago, barkblue said:

No harm done, but it is a faux pas. I know my young lasses (two of 16 and one of 19) were a bit, "what's that all about?". And were pretty unimpressed.

I;d guess any female Ayr supporters of the same age might have thought the same.

I agree it was ill-thinking on Ayr's part, barkblue ....And relating the response of your two daughters, helps us understand why.

However, I am no really debating it's worth as a news story (it probably is)  It is the fact, the news fowk, see it as an excuse to

go oot in the streets to show the pic. to all & sundry tae get a reaction. Anyway, that's Cobra's Job. Simple poll wid dae fine :rolleyes:

I suppose their reaction was purely - why do you needs a lassie's breasts to sell a football top?

My eldest actually said, 'surely anyone who is going to buy an Ayr top, is going to buy an Ayr top whether you model it on a lass with her boobs out, one of the new signings, or some bloke off the street. It's not a "marketing tool", it's titivation.' 

I'm just not sure football needs any more reason to prove its not a family oriented sport right now.

54 minutes ago, Cobra said:

It seems the club's betting sponsor is behind this promotion and it's the fifth year in a row they've done it.

Obviously good PR foe them. Not so good for the club, but they must have expected/knew about it. So it must be worth it.

I'm a big supporter of women in football, but not this way. It is from a bygone era of the 70's and 80's to sexualise women in a male dominated sport in the hope that this sells a few more items.

In this day and age, there are plenty of so called 'famous' women who are doing enough to put women's right back to the dark ages with their own 'selfies' of their over exposed photo-shopped bodies. Do we really need some promotion company trying to aim their marketing at some under 16 year old men in the hope it sells a few more kits?

If they really wanted to do this right and help promote women in football, why not get a few women in (that actually play football) and have them wear Ayr Utds kit in a less Daily Sports manner.

4 hours ago, barkblue said:

Obviously good PR foe them. Not so good for the club, but they must have expected/knew about it. So it must be worth it.

It could be that the club are not crazy about the idea but going along with it to keep a generous sponsor happy.

What benefit do a little-known online betting company get from sponsoring Ayr United? The headlines generated by the naked women has probably brought the company more exposure than the actual shirts being worn on the park.

16 hours ago, TheDarkBlues said:

I'm a big supporter of women in football, but not this way. It is from a bygone era of the 70's and 80's to sexualise women in a male dominated sport in the hope that this sells a few more items.

In this day and age, there are plenty of so called 'famous' women who are doing enough to put women's right back to the dark ages with their own 'selfies' of their over exposed photo-shopped bodies. Do we really need some promotion company trying to aim their marketing at some under 16 year old men in the hope it sells a few more kits?

If they really wanted to do this right and help promote women in football, why not get a few women in (that actually play football) and have them wear Ayr Utds kit in a less Daily Sports manner.

Its all down to the individual but there's plenty advertising that relies on 'sexiness', both male and female. Beckham has shifted a lot of merchandise by poncing around in his punders, some forms of advertising appeal more than others and there's plenty gash adverts about, 'saucy' is just one form of advertising and it will appeal to some more than others. Its the double standards angle that I find laughable, scantily clad women is bad and sexist, if its a man somehow that's acceptable. 

Adblock Detected