Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Alan Stubbs

Media suggesting it's a done deal that Stubbs is off to Rotherham, but is it just me or is Stubbs completely over-rated? A couple of cup finals in the 2 years he has been there have been highlights, I agree but surely  the league is where it all matters rand Hibs have failed twice in 2 seasons. Are managers being poached on decent cup runs?

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To get 70 points two seasons running and not get promoted because you've come up against Neilson's Hearts and Warburton's Rangers is unfortunate. Our highest total in that league this century is 69 and we came up twice.

Hibs might well have come up if it wasn't for that shocking refereeing mistake in the play-offs.

Throw in a Scottish Cup win and League Cup final and I'd have to say Stubbs's record is impressive although I haven't watched enough of Hibs to say he's done a great job.

2 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Cobra, they were 3rd this year, so take Warburton's Rangers out of the equation and it would have Falkirk who would have been promoted.

I thought the nonsense he talked in the media genuinely had a negative impact on his team's form.

Taking it slightly off topic I was surprised that Warburton got the Manager of the year award when you had Falkirk pipping Hibs to second in the league. I suppose cup runs are quite nebulous and its league form that counts and I'd say Stubbs hasn't really cut it, Raith probably did better with their budget. I'm a bit biased about his Scouse whine too if I'm being blunt.

15 minutes ago, barkblue said:

Cobra, they were 3rd this year, so take Warburton's Rangers out of the equation and it would have Falkirk who would have been promoted.

I thought the nonsense he talked in the media genuinely had a negative impact on his team's form.

I got the impression Hibs slacked off in the league when it became clear they weren't going to catch Rangers. If you're not going to be champions and you're guaranteed a place in the play-offs, motivation is bound to take a hit.

Can't say I took any notice of his comments in the media but I heard he was talking about winning the treble and that's just stupid.

2 hours ago, chomp my root said:

Taking it slightly off topic I was surprised that Warburton got the Manager of the year award when you had Falkirk pipping Hibs to second in the league. I suppose cup runs are quite nebulous and its league form that counts and I'd say Stubbs hasn't really cut it, Raith probably did better with their budget. I'm a bit biased about his Scouse whine too if I'm being blunt.

That's exactly how I saw it.

I thought the ex-DAB should have won it, with the current DAB runner up.

Anything other than winning the league was failure for Warburton and anything other than promotion was failure for Stubbs. The latter failed to motivate his team sufficiently over the season and while media talk is media talk, some of his blunderings in the interviews had me cringing and I've real like or dislike of Hibs. Ultimately they should have been, given budget and squad size, a shoo-in for second.

Adblock Detected