Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.

Dens Park Buy Back

toffos

seems to be a lot of talk about us buying dens back from john bennett could we not get dbbt on board to get the ball rolling i am sure with there help we can make this happen not heard about dbbt in a while not even to sure if still involved with the club

Adblock Detected

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.

If they are interested then surely they would have got involved by now?...

We have the best team on the park in years, we are fiscally sound 'I'm guessing' by the way we are doing business.

Personally I wouldn't be in a hurry to invite anyone who has 'in the past' leaded our club into millions of debt and the brink of death. Poor business acumen... IMO

This is something for us the supporters and possibly DFCSS\DSA to work on.

Securing top flight football over a few seasons along with the TV money that comes with it and I’m sure the club can achieve this on our own.

Are you sure that DBBT is the answer to all our woes?

Getting them on board would mean the involvement of at lest one local businessman that contributed to the near destruction of our club.

It's a no from me.

And that local businessman is a Dee who still attends games. Whilst we have a glorified American youth coach masquerading as our Managing Director.

And that local businessman is a Dee who still attends games. Whilst we have a glorified American youth coach masquerading as our Managing Director.

The guy nearly finished our club and should never be near it again IMO, other than as a fan / ex-director of course.

I worked for an engineering company that had a former hairdresser as MD and the company was very successful so your comment about the current DFC MD isn't relevant - again IMO.

The guy nearly finished our club and should never be near it again IMO, other than as a fan / ex-director of course.

I worked for an engineering company that had a former hairdresser as MD and the company was very successful so your comment about the current DFC MD isn't relevant - again IMO.

No bother Deeranged, you have your opinion, I have mine. We will leave it at that.

seems to be a lot of talk about us buying dens back from john bennett could we not get dbbt on board to get the ball rolling i am sure with there help we can make this happen not heard about dbbt in a while not even to sure if still involved with the club

Apologies for going initially off topic toffos. But I would like to offer you, (and I am sure on behalf of all DFC members o' the DB's forum) a Big Warm Friendly Welcome to your goodself. No just for your first post, but taking maybe a wee bit more effort to introduce a topic.

The idea of buying back Dens has being going roond and roond for a while now ......and especially recently on the forum.

I think I am right in saying the DFCSS took a major role to try to get this off the ground, but the general reaction (as far as I can see) from both the DFC and the DBBT is at best, lukewarm. Even from us fans there has ben a mixed reaction.

But if it is decided to go ahead,the idea of plans/fundraising go togethe, and some party, or all parties, will have to get together to get it started.

Sorry, Gedee. The mood at the DFCSS AGM was very positive about buying back Dens. There was no doubt expressed about this. The issue, as I understand it comes from trying to work out the business plan that will deliver the revenues that most modern grounds seem capable of creating for football clubs.

You can see the problem. DFCSS buy back the ground, we all agree that it needs a lot of money spent on it to deal with the Derry and the Main Stand, the only place that this money could come from is the football club, via a rent; too high a rent we might damage the playing side, too low and we won't be able to generate the money to invest in the ground to improve the facilities.

There is also an interesting question of the value of Dens, and what would be that value if the club decided to move to a purpose built new stadium. What is it worth as a bit of ground? The cost of purchase from the landlord has been regularly stated at £850k. If there was any planning gain, ie the ground was worth more as a site for housing than as a football ground, if the club don't own the ground then they don't automatically receive the proceeds of the sale, and may miss out on a potential windfall. It is also prudent to ask oneself, if the ground was worth more as a building site, why any landlord would sell the ground for less than that value.

It seems to me that there are lots of variables that need to be considered, and it's entirely reasonable that the board of DFC want to make sure that decisions they need to take are in the long term interests of the club.

To be honest, if the board of DFC decide to move away from Dens, I'd expect that whoever owned it, having bought out the current landlord, would want to help the club by selling Dens and investing the proceeds in the new ground.

Are you sure that DBBT is the answer to all our woes?

Getting them on board would mean the involvement of at lest one local businessman that contributed to the near destruction of our club.

It's a no from me.

Are you gonna hold a grudge forever. PM made an ar** of it, however he still supports the club and if he is willing to help out in one way or another then thats fine by me. I dont think is ever any chance of him being in charge ever again.

Sorry, Gedee. The mood at the DFCSS AGM was very positive about buying back Dens. There was no doubt expressed about this. The issue, as I understand it comes from trying to work out the business plan that will deliver the revenues that most modern grounds seem capable of creating for football clubs.

You can see the problem. DFCSS buy back the ground, we all agree that it needs a lot of money spent on it to deal with the Derry and the Main Stand, the only place that this money could come from is the football club, via a rent; too high a rent we might damage the playing side, too low and we won't be able to generate the money to invest in the ground to improve the facilities.

There is also an interesting question of the value of Dens, and what would be that value if the club decided to move to a purpose built new stadium. What is it worth as a bit of ground? The cost of purchase from the landlord has been regularly stated at £850k. If there was any planning gain, ie the ground was worth more as a site for housing than as a football ground, if the club don't own the ground then they don't automatically receive the proceeds of the sale, and may miss out on a potential windfall. It is also prudent to ask oneself, if the ground was worth more as a building site, why any landlord would sell the ground for less than that value.

It seems to me that there are lots of variables that need to be considered, and it's entirely reasonable that the board of DFC want to make sure that decisions they need to take are in the long term interests of the club.

To be honest, if the board of DFC decide to move away from Dens, I'd expect that whoever owned it, having bought out the current landlord, would want to help the club by selling Dens and investing the proceeds in the new ground.

Hello BCram ...........  I am no' sure there is a need for either of us to say sorry here.

Unless of course I did not make myself very clear in my post, or maybe I am misunderstanding your post.

The DFCSS to my recollection really took on the initiative here and took a very positive stance in trying to get the idea of buying Dens off the ground ....... or at least trying to get all parties, that may have to be involved, around the table.

But again, if my memory serves me correctly, there was no, or lttle communication (maybe interest) in the idea from DFC.

I think also at the time, was there not some rumoured talk, that DFC, would prefer plans, that involved building a totally new stadium .....if the money could be raised ?

I could be totally off the mark here. And would be happy to be corrected. Or even better, hear of what (if anything) are the future plans.

Adblock Detected